Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Date glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date glitch

In my historic data (connected or not), I have a 4 year glitch in my chart, se encl pic.

Dataprovider: Kinetick
    Ticker: TNA (NYSE)
    Barsize: 1 sec

Is this an NT or Kinetick issue?

Kindly, Fredrik
    Attached Files

Hello,
    Second data is based off of tick data. Kinetick supplies 180 days of tick data. If you attempt to view past this 180 days Kientick will try to supply as much data as it can and beyond that NinjaTrader will load any hisorical data that you have that goes past this.
    In your historical data manager do you see that you have data for this instrument between 08/17/2011 and 08/20/2015?
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I emptied the database and reloaded. That gave me tick data, as you say, only for 180 days, and the data from 2011 disapeared.

I´ll turn to Kinetick and se what they can do for my request of tick/second data for as far as possible.

Thanks!

Comment

Do you happen to know of a data provider with more extensive historical data (for min and tick)? Preferably TNA (the stock I´m building statistic distribution models on), but any ticker will do.

Comment

Hello,
          I am not aware of any data provider that supplies more tick data.
          We do have partners that provide historical data that you can import though.
          Please let me know if you would like to get in touch with our partner affiliate on this matter.
          Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yupp, I´d appreciate a reference to such a service. Mail, PM or here in the forum?

Comment

Hello FREEN,

Thank you for your interest in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem!

You can locate NinjaTrader Ecosystem's supported Tick Historical Data providers using the NinjaTrader Ecosystem filter system, please use the following filter options:

Go to NinjaTrader Ecosystem: http://ninjatraderecosystem[dot]com

1. Select Add-Ons
              2. Select Chart Types
              3. Check Custom
              4. Check Tick
              5. Check Time Based (Second, Minute, daily, ect.)

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

You can locate the contact information for the partner on their direct webpage for any additional questions you may have. Since these partners are third party add-ons for NinjaTrader all pricing information will need to be obtained through the partner.

Have a great day!

Comment

That search yielded 25 companies that all seemed to offer code or trade signal related services. I fail to find a company that offers long term historical data for import to NT.

If you know of a service, I´d greatly appreciate you point me directly to it.

Kindly, Fredrik

Comment

Hello Fredrik,

There are a few options for historical data. The data available through Kinetick will be pretty extensive, but if you need data from further back, I recommend you look at Portara. You can learn more at their website. http://www.portaraninja.com/

I'll also inform them of this thread so they can respond directly with you regarding your data needs.

Comment

I was surprised to find out I could import 5 years of historic minute data (TNA) from the database manager. Where did this data reside?

Comment

Hello Fredrik,

Historical data when downloaded is stored in:
                      • Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\

Tick data will be in the Tick folder, Minute data in the Minute folder, Daily data in the Day folder, with Market Replay data in the data folder.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, yes I´m aware of where it resides in NT. But from where did the datamanager download this 1 min data into NT? What was the source? I wasn´t even connected to Kinetick when I did this.
                        Last edited by FREEN; 02-17-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Hello Fredrik,

Data will come either from a connection when you last connected or from importing from a file.

If you delete the data and then never connect again, your charts will continue to be blank and no data will appear. (Until you either connect at least once or import from a txt file)
                          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          172 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sidlercom80  
                          Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes