Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Print()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print()

Ninja is crashing when I try to print. I am using NT 8.0.0.9. Just to test what the problem may be, I created an indicator that has Calculate = Calculate.OnEachTick. In OnBarUpdate(), I simply have:

if (IsFirstTickOfBar)
    Print("Something\n");

And NT crashes immediately every time I load this indicator. It never prints a single string. I am only loading 5 days of data. When I reopen Ninja, I get errors messages in the Logs that were supposedly caused by indicators that I do not have on a chart. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I tried the syntax provided but see no error when running it or any sign of a crash.

Could you provide the whole script you are using for testing? Potentially this is caused by something else in the file and not that statement.

Outside of checking the actual file, does this occur if you exclude that specific file from compilation and create a new file with the print statement?

If you are getting other errors related to other indicators there is potentially something else happening that is causing the crash. Could you provide an image of the errors you are getting to further see what may be happening?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rhubear
    by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
    8 responses