• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BarsSinceSession vs BarsSinceNewTradingDay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarsSinceSession vs BarsSinceNewTradingDay

Hi,

NT8 has BarsSinceNewTradingDay versus NT7's BarsSinceSession. Are they the same?

How can I get BarsSinceSession in NT8? I don't want to count bars elapsed from a new trading day but a new session.

Thanks,
    Joseph

Hello josephktcheung,

Thanks for your post.

BarsSinceSession in NT7 has been renamed to BarsSinceNewTradingDay in NT8. Here is the definition: The number of bars that have elapsed since the start of the trading day. Here is a link to the NT8 helpguide section: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tradingday.htm

For your reference, when you are unsure, check the code breaking section and seach via the NT7 method or name and it will identify what replaces: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

Please see attached.
    Attached Files
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul, what I want to do is to start the strategy 2 seconds after session opens. Currently I use sessionIterator to get the session ActualSessionBegin, check if current time is 2 seconds after ActualSessionBegin and if yes start trading.

Would BarsSinceTradingDay works the same if I set the bar type to seconds and make sure it is greater than 2 before trading? Or would this only work for morning session?

Comment

Hello josephktcheung,

Thanks for your reply.

In theory that would be correct and certainly works like that in NT7 however in testing NT8 this morning I am seeing an inconsistency that I need to investigate. I will update this thread when i have further information.

Comment

Hello josephktcheung,

Just to update you, we determined that there was a bug with BarsSinceNewTradingDay. In my tests it was inconsistently reporting the bars. The bug was assigned to the tracking number of NT8-9859 which has since been fixed and will be available in the next beta release (11).

Comment

Thanks! Look forward to next release!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rtwave, Yesterday, 04:11 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
            Started by sachin shetty, 07-11-2020, 08:49 PM