Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Obfuscation process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obfuscation process

I am using the remotesoft obfuscator.

When exporting into an assembly with activated protection flag: will the assembly be fully done or do I have to protect it again after creation using the remotesoft GUI?

I may be confused because some of the doc I read is mentioning that I need to use the GUI .NET explorer

Thanks
    tb

I believe its fully done but someone will confirm this by tomorrow.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ray - I compared an NT generated DLL with the same DLL manually obfuscated using the GUI tool. It looks to me as if the NT DLL does not decompile but still contains its original symbols.

Comment

Just export with protection flag on, the assembly will be fully protected and you will be good. No need to worry about anything else.

Please contact the protector vendor for further details.

Comment

I have the remotesoft's Salamander .NET Protector from
          (NinjaTrader Edition)

I am not sure but I think that must be different than the "obfuscator" that mentioned above.

What I want to know is that:

From inside Ninjatrader I choose "Export compilled assembly...." and "protect compilled assemplies".
          Then the procedure creates normaly an exported file with the selected NinjaScript.

My question is this.

Is this fully protected ??? Is the whole protection procedure finished just like that ???

Do I need to do anything more, to protect the assembly
          or through this simple procedure from INSIDE NINJATRADER's export menu, my formula is totaly protected ???

Do I need to do anything more outside NinjaTrader
          (using the GUI dotNet Explorer for example) ...to protect the code...???

I really need a certain answer to that, because when I open the exported file... I think I can still see part of the compiled NinjaScript formula .

Thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Korbi View Post
            I have the remotesoft's Salamander .NET Protector from
            (NinjaTrader Edition)

I am not sure but I think that must be different than the "obfuscator" that mentioned above.

What I want to know is that:

From inside Ninjatrader I choose "Export compilled assembly...." and "protect compilled assemplies".
            Then the procedure creates normaly an exported file with the selected NinjaScript.

My question is this.

Is this fully protected ??? Is the whole protection procedure finished just like that ???

Do I need to do anything more, to protect the assembly
            or through this simple procedure from INSIDE NINJATRADER's export menu, my formula is totaly protected ???

Do I need to do anything more outside NinjaTrader
            (using the GUI dotNet Explorer for example) ...to protect the code...???

I really need a certain answer to that, because when I open the exported file... I think I can still see part of the compiled NinjaScript formula .

Thanx.
            Hi -- You can still see the .cs file, but all it does is call the compiled .dll file. It's the DLL file that is protected -- you should not be able to reverse-engineer this file. So yes, that's all you need to do is save it from NinjaTrader and it should be protected.

Bryan
            cassb
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Comment

Protector...

Thank you so much my friend.

I really lost so many time searching for the answer, diving in code lines,
              and this man from remotesoft is not replying any letter for weeks...

Comment

To clarify, if you export your NinjaScript using the "export compiled (!) assembly..." and "Protect ..." options, you'll get this:
                - an assembly is created
                - it will NOT hold your NinjaScript source code
                - you could try "decompiling" the assembly but the only stuff you'll see is the "signature" of you properties and methods but not the actual code. That's the service which RemoteSoft Protector provides

Thus, RemoteSoft Protector is NOT an obfuscator, since you can't read any C# code (just the signatures). Please google the webfor further details on obfucators in general and/or RemoteSoft protector.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post hazylizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes