Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compiling a strategy as an indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling a strategy as an indicator

I have heard that you can save a file that was created from Strategy Wizard that was created as a strategy , but now I want to convert it to a NT7 indicator, but do not know how someone could help me and give me a guide to how you have to do this process.
    Last edited by OmarJimenez; 06-08-2016, 05:56 PM.

Hello OmarJimenez,

Thank you for writing in.

Please note that you would need to copy syntax from your strategy to an indicator script; you wouldn't be able to directly convert a strategy script into an indicator.

You'll first need to create the indicator script by clicking on Tools -> New NinjaScript -> Indicator in the Control Center.

Once you have completed the wizard and see the NinjaScript Editor for that specific indicator, you'll need to open your strategy to copy code from.

From the Control Center, click on Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy

Select the strategy and click on OK. Once the Strategy Wizard appears for that specific strategy, you'll want to click on View Code. This will allow you to directly copy code that you would like to use in an indicator.

Do not just cut and paste the entire strategy into the indicator. You will need to select the specific syntax you would like to transfer over to your indicator. Additionally, remember that some methods and syntax (such as order methods) would not work in an indicator.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes