Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sending orders to a specific account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending orders to a specific account

I have a set of automated trading systems which will be traded across multiple accounts for several clients. It is possible that one trading system can be long while the other one is short, and since I do not want to correlate the trading systems, I want to keep both positions open. Each client will have at least two accounts to allow for this to be done.

I am aware that I can group all the accounts designated for long positions into one account group, and all the accounts designated for short positions into another account group. However, is it possible to specify which account group to send a system's signals to? For instance, whenever I use the EnterLongLimit command, I want to send that order to the long accounts group. Whenever I use the EnterShortLimit command, those order should be send to the short accounts group.

Any ideas?

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the "general programming" section instead of the "strategy development" section of the forum. My apologies to the mods.
    Last edited by naifwonder; 06-30-2008, 01:34 AM.

- NinjaScript strategies only run on one account. You can't place orders on different accounts
    - different NinjaScript strategies running on different accounts run independently

Comment

Just to make sure, it would be possible then to have two of my systems send all of their signals to one account group, and another set of systems send all of their signals to another account group? I just can't have one strategy sending signals to multiple accounts.

Comment

NinjaScript strategies operate on accounts not account groups.

Comment

You can run multiple copies of your system, so run one instance on each account.

Originally posted by naifwonder View Post
          Just to make sure, it would be possible then to have two of my systems send all of their signals to one account group, and another set of systems send all of their signals to another account group? I just can't have one strategy sending signals to multiple accounts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred