Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

debug compile flag and export script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

debug compile flag and export script

Quick question: when using the NT export into a dll/zip assembly: do I have to turn off individual script "debug" compiler flag or is this done automatically when running the export compile?
    Trying to be lazy ;-) - but to be serious: would be helpful if this was the case (or selectable someplace else?) when cooperating with a third party testing instance - to keep the design/IDE setting separate from distribution.
    Cheers
    tb

Not sure I follow. There is no option to turn on/off any debug flag whatsoever on File->Utilities->Export nor would you need to worry.

Note: Due to bandwidth reasons we are unable to provide support for any other potential way to create NS assemblies apart from the official File->Utilities->Export.

Comment

Maybe let me phrase it differently, guess I tried to take two steps at once:

I just want to make sure (pls. confirm) the preformance hits that are apparent (NT alerts this) when having individual scripts activeted for "debug" will only affect the local installation (which is understood why) but will not propagate to the exported compilation.

[Or in other words: do I have to switch off all the Debug flags before I am building an export or is the Debug feature only relevant for the local installation?]

Thanx again!
      tb

Comment

Not sure I follow. The standard NT installation takes care of every aspect: if you have Debug option set, then it's compiled as Debug. Unfortunately we can't provide support for exporting apart from File->Utilities->Export.

Comment

Export question

I read this but still do not recognize the answer.

This is the question:

If I have debug mode turned on, when I export the code, will it be in debug mode or will Ninja only export assemblies in "release" mode?

Thanks,

Leroy

Comment

Hello Leroy,

The Debug mode is something that is set inside of NinjaTrader program and is not apart of the NinjaScript file itself. So if you Export the file the "Debug" option will not effect on the actual file or when the user imports the file into NinjaTrader. It will only effect your local PC and any who manually enables the Debug mode.
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do not deliver .cs files with my export procedure. I deliver compiled code.

When I export a compiled assembly....if I have turned on DEBUG mode and then export the compiled assembly, Q: Will it export a compiled debug assembly or a compiled release assembly?

Leroy

Comment

Hello Leroy,

Compiled Release Assembly.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes