Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaScript SuperDOM Column: Access an Indicator's value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript SuperDOM Column: Access an Indicator's value

Hi

Is it possible to get current value of a custom indicator, while programming a column for NT8 SuperDOM?

I have coded BarsRequest and subsequent logic to get real-time bars, but not able to get an indicator's value at that bar, by calling it.

Kind Regards
    Vivek

Hello engrvivs,

For future reference, below is a link to the NinjaTrader 8 Beta section of the NinjaTrader forums.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=59

I am happy to create an example SuperDOM column that calls an indicator using a BarsRequest. I will put together this example as resources allow.

*Please note that NinjaTrader 8 beta items fall secondary in priority to NinjaTrader 7 inquiries.
    Per the NinjaTrader 8 beta help guide: Bug reports will be reviewed by our support and development staff inside of a 48 hour period. This does not include holidays and weekends.

See the link below on Bug reports and providing feedback.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello engrvivs,

I am happy to create an example SuperDOM column that calls an indicator using a BarsRequest. I will put together this example as resources allow.
      Thanks Chelsea, I look forward to such an example!

Kind Regards
      Vivek

Comment

Hello Vivek,

I've found the error you are getting when attempting to call an indicator from a SuperDOM column.

'NinjaTrader.NinjaTrader.Indicators.SMA' is a 'type' but is used like a 'variable'

I confirmed with NT Development this is currently unavailable and I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to add the ability to call indicators from a SuperDOM column script.

Once I have a tracking ID for the feature request I will post this in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea for finding the issue and taking the subsequent action.

I also observed this issue at my end. What I tried to do was to create an object of my indicator, considering it as a class. Using constructs or using the object name, I set this indicator's parameters.

This compiled without errors. But issue is I was not able to find a way how to get its value by executing this indicator's object on requested Bars.

Thanks
          Vivek

Comment

Hello Vivek,

Your feature request to be able to call indicators in SuperDOM NS columns is being tracked with ID# SFT-1465.
            (This ID is used for future reference if you would like to check the state of this request at a later time)

Please let me know of any other suggestions or requests you would like submitted.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
            1 response
            0 likes