Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Platform seizing up when running this one strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Platform seizing up when running this one strategy

So I have a strategy that utilizes the volume profile indicator. The problem is after a while I notice the platform starts slowing down and eventually seizes up and freezes.

I have tried this on 3 separate computers and it still happens on the most powerful computer. Again I say it seizes because it is a gradual lock up.

Is there a fix for this?

Please post some code for review that causes this, but doesn't contain your Secrets... Just as long as it locks it up.

It would be preferable if this could be reproduced in Market Replay.

Do you see anything adverse in Windows Task Manager? Like excessive CPU usage (maxed out?), all memory being consumed and windows starts using it's pagefile?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the comments sledge, these are helpful steps to find an answer.

As it has already been said, a sample would be helpful that can reproduce the slow down to understand the logic being used. Without knowing the exact way the indicator is being used it is hard to say what may be occurring or if there is an actual problem.

An additional test would be to create a new strategy and only use the logic calling the indicator to see if it is related to the indicator specifically or the logic in the original, this can at least help highlight the code causing the problem.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I will do that next. I came back to the platform being shutdown and a windows message saying that it was running out of memory. I have 16 gigs of memory and no other programs running.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Running out of memory can generally be caused if a script has a memory leak or error that is re occuring. Could you email our platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and attach the log and trace files for the time?

You can do this just by going to the Help -> Email support menu and include a link to this post.

If you were running the strategy in question, based on the initial concern it may be related as the eventual freeze may be a side effect of a memory leak or script not performing correctly.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes