Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Loading Data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Data problem

I have my setup going and I like to start a new chart so it opens and is loading the data but it never finish and the window say "this request can not be aborted" so the question is? how to stop this because is annoying and get the data loaded.

BTW is it me or NT is like, not stable?......yet

inventor.

In terms of stability, the only time I ever have a problem with NT is when I'm in the process of programming and scroll up and down over and over again; it freezes. The fact that I have C# 2005 Express, and Visual Studios 6.0 installed on my computer may cause a conflict, but besides that crash scenario I have no problems.

As far as opening a new chart, how much data are you trying to load? I recommend starting w/ something like 3 days and loading more from there. Also, have to tried the "Repair DB" function? Its in Options->data area under the Control Center.

Hope this helps.
    Anthony
    mrlogik
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Yes that helped thanks....
      As far as the stability is not crashing or anything but their some weird things like memory it doesnt always remember where i put windows.....
      I like the dynamic super DOM I thing is awesome big money to be made with that.
      thanks again.......................

Comment

Which provider are you downloading data from as you get the "this request can not be aborted" form?
        - ZenFire: please go through performance tips here and make sure e.g. chart lockback period optimal: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
        - other provider: this is related to the download of this particular provider. You can optimize by performance tips above. However, NT has no impact on the download speed, since this is a limitation of the provider in question.

Comment

Well my data provider is DTN IQFeed and it hapend as i'm tiping th
          is is stuck on loadind data.
          Last edited by inventor1949; 07-02-2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

This is expected. You can not abort DTN data requests. If it takes longer, than that's just the time DTN takes to respond to your request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920