Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to read tradable amounts from broker through ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to read tradable amounts from broker through ninjascript

Hello guys,

I am interested in knowing which functions deal with reading information about my liquidity, tradable amount, margin, etc.. through Ninjatrader frmo my brokers side.
    Does each broker use a different API, or does Ninjascript provide us functions that work generically for all brokers?

I am interested in IB, FXCM (through Ninjatrader Brokerage) and Ninjatrader Continuum (Ninjatrader Brokerage as well).

Whats the name of the functions and what kind of information can they derive from my online broker account through Ninjascript/Ninjatrader?

Thanks!
    Warcious

Hello,
    This information is not supported in NinjaTrader 7 however it is supported in NinjaTrader 8 through the AddOn Class. Please see the following methods for Account: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ount_class.htm

There is not a set release date for NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 8 is currently in a beta phase.

You can install the beta at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=87190

Documents to help you get started with NinjaTrader 8 Beta:

Installation Guide
    Migration Guide
    Connections Guides
    Existing User FAQ
    User Help Guide
    NinjaScript Code Breaking Changes

Please also make sure to review the general beta information page and what to expect from our Help Guide
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!
      My question is regarding risk-management, and I need to know which amount I should read from my online broker when calculating my trade position for each particular trade.
      In most cases, the available trade amount is calculated like this: Equity (Cash + papers) - (Margin requirement) = Current Available Funds.

As I will use FXCM and Ninjatrader Continuum, I need to know how to fetch this amount from my online broker in order to calculate the correct tradable amount using a Ninjatrader strategy for a particular currency pair or stock instrument.

Any advice or information is appreciated!

Thanks!
      Warcious

Comment

Hello,
        I am seeing that you posted a new thread on this question and was answered by my colleague NinjaTrader_Paul.
        Please let us know if you have any questions.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses