Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ray (F3) with alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray (F3) with alarm

I am looking for a drawing tool, a ray, like Ninja's F3, that can be drawn on a indicator, CCI, MACD,etc, on a panel other than price, as well, and that will sound an alarm when crossed up or down by the indicator is drawn on.
    Preferably it could be called on with hot key stroke.
    Does anyone know if that currently is available?
    Thank you for assistance.

Hello Buscador,

The Alert for manually drawn lines indicator (LineAlert) is the closest that comes to this for NinjaTrader 7, but does not provide the functionality of crossing an indicator.

You may be able to modify this script to call an indicator and alert when crossing that indicator instead of the current price.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of an existing indicator or would like to assist in creating an indicator that does this.

As this does not provide the functionality you are looking for, you can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

With NinjaTrader 8 Beta, it is possible to detect that an indicator is crossing a drawing object such as a ray.
    I've made a video to demonstrate.

This would not be able to be setup via hotkey. To have an alert setup via hotkey, this would still require a custom coded indicator to achieve.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-29-2016, 08:45 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea B, thanks for the video. I'd love to switch to Ninja 8, but have custom indicator that does not work on BT8.
      And, no, Line alert doesn't do it so maybe a list of programmers will have to do and then I could also check the cost of re-doing my custom indicator from NT7 to NT8.

Comment

Hello Buscador,

Thank you for your post on the NinjaTrader support forum.

I have provided a link below that will show you the NinjaTrader Ecosystem partners that provide NinjaScript Consulting services, you will need to contact each prospective partner and inquire further regarding the quotes for prices for your custom NinjaScript ideas and work with the consultant directly:

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this post at your convenience.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the link, Ryan.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielSanMartin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM