Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

flipping trendlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flipping trendlines

Hello

I want to flip a horizontal trendline to a vertical trendline. Baslically change the slope of the trendline from 0 to 90 degrees up or down. Any ideas on how i can do this in ninjascript?

Hello russ123,

Thank you for your post.

Please answer the following questions so we may be of further assistance.

Comment

hello,

I am using the drawlinefunction within ninjascript which basically takes the X1 X2 and the Y1 Y2 coordinates. I am specifying the X1 Y1 and X2 Y2 coordinates to draw a horizontal trendline.

Now I need to create a VERTICAL trendline of the same length. The X1 and X2 coordinates are the same and they are known because I specified them for the horizontal trendline. The Y1 coordinate is also known. The problem is the Y2 coordinate for the vertical trendline. The Y2 coordinate is the distance/length of the horizontal line, which is (X2-X1). How can i get this distance and plot it on the Y axis to create a vertical trendline ?

There maybe another way to do it if there is a method that accepts Slope. If I can specify a slope of 90 degreess for a horizontal trendline, then that line would become a vertical line. I am not sure if there is something like this available ?

thank you,
      Rassul

Comment

Hello Rassul,

Thank you for your response.

I would store the difference of the X1 and X2 in a double and then use it for the Y2 when switching to the vertical line.

Comment

hello Patrick,

I dont think it can be done like this because x2 - x1 will give the number of bars across the x axis,not the actual distance in cm or inches.

for example, If the number of bars is 10 and i substitute this for the Y2 parameter, it will not work because adding 10 to a contract like the yen or the euro will be way too much. Even if i multiply it by the tick size, it will be inaccurate.

The only way to do this is by capturing the distance/length in cm or inches and then using that distance/length to get Y2.

other ideas that come to mind are
          1) changing the slope to 90 degrees
          2) see if it Is possible to draw a big square instead by just giving the parameters for the length of the square. One side is all you need for a square. Maybe there is a method to do this ?

let me know if you have any more input

Comment

Hello russ123,

Thank you for your response.

If it needs to be exact to the distance as viewed on the chart I would move to custom plotting via overriding the Plot() method. We have an example under Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > CustomPlotSample.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse