Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 delay - skipping bars issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 delay - skipping bars issue

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an NT8 issue or a problem with my code. I will try to explain best I can!

I have made an indicator that draws text on every price on a bar (I use a range chart). It's just 1 day of data. I have tick replay on. It does take 10-15 seconds or so when you load the chart for the indicator to go through the replay data and update all the bars. This it does fine, i.e. all the historical data is painted over the bars just fine, but it seems that due to the time taken, when the next live bar is painted, when running in real-time, there is a blank gap on the chart where 2-3 bars should be! I do not believe these are actually missing bars/data though. Besides, the chart is a range chart, so no time interval is a problem. Other indicators such as delta are flat lined during this time also, so I don't think it's my code as such, other than it's clogging up NT for that time. It seems related to the delay whilst the indicator processes the tick replay. Once it starts painting the real-time data, it's fine again. You just get this odd 2-3 bar gap in between the historical and real-time, with apparently no real bars missing.

Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Can you attach a screenshot of the chart when this occurs to your response?
    This should not be occurring and would be unexpected behavior.
    Would you have an example of the script you run that we could test for this behavior with?

Comment

Here is an example chart. I just refreshed the chart - you should be able to see what I mean. It's a 5 range bar chart with the time scale in view. I've set the actual bars to transparent as it's only the text I plot I'm interested in. The last bar on the right is the real time data after I refreshed the chart. It will move along normally 1 bar at a time from this point forward. All the historical bars are plotted OK too. The delta at the below is actually another indicator. It plots fine normally on other charts. Only on this one, with the delay, there is this gap where it seems to flatline, suggesting to me no data is being processed.

Comment

For info, I just timed it - I was being generous! It actually took about 60 seconds to paint all the text on the chart. I'm sure it's the delay that is causing the issue, but still would not expect the gap. I can share the code directly if needed.

Comment

I just tried 'reload all historical data' as I noticed an anomaly earlier on and the issue seems resolved! I'll let you know if I find anything further on this, but it looks like that has fixed it.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your response.

So you would only see this on this custom bar type? Or only on charts where the indicator was applied?

I am not aware of anything specific that would cause this. Are these scripts items we may test on our end?
            If you prefer you can send them to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1576003' in the subject line.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elirion
            by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes