Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Offset of zero line for bar oscilator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset of zero line for bar oscilator

Hello,

I am creating an oscilator based on other oscilator. I want to overlay a bar plot on top of the original line oscilator, so that it shows a status (the bars possible values are either 0,1,-1).

Since the oscilator ranges 0-100 with signals generated from crosses around 50, I want the 0 value of the bars to match the 50 value of the line plot. Is this possible?

Is there any other option to do this?

Hello,

If these are both being plotted from the same indicator, the axis used would be shared for the plots. Unfortunately there would not be a way to offset the value of a plot just visually as the visual is a direct representation of the data.

I believe you would need to instead use 0, 50 and 100 for the values of the indicator that is currently -1, 0, 1.

If these are two separate indicators, you may be able to overlay them in the same panel to achieve a similar effect.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesee,

The issue of using 0,50,100 instead of -1,0,1 is that it will not look simetrical around the centerline. I was trying to get the bars up and down like the MACD, with an overlaying line indicator.

I am attaching a pic of what I am trying to accomplish... but that is done with 2 indicators put one on top of the other and the scales are not connected in this way. The bars are actually two values , one that can be 0 or 1 and another one 0 or -1.

Could this be done by shading the area in some way behind the line oscilator?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello User1986,

To accomplish what you have displayed in your attachment you could build a strategy which plots two other indicators in the same panel, setting the Scale Justification to Left for 1 indicator and to the right for the other indicator. Since the mid-point of both indicators would fall in the middle, 0 should match 50.

I’ve demonstrated an example below using a Simple Moving Average but you’d replace SMA with the names and parameters of your indicators.

else if (State == State.Configure)
        {
        AddChartIndicator(SMA(10));
        SMA(10).Panel=2;
        SMA(10).ScaleJustification = ScaleJustification.Left;
        AddChartIndicator(SMA(20));
        SMA(20).Panel=2;
        SMA(20).ScaleJustification = ScaleJustification.Right ;
        }

You could use Custom Plotting to draw the plot you want. You can find information on custom plotting under Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > CustomPlotSample.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
        1 response
        0 likes