• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

If I change script code, do I have to restart NT7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I change script code, do I have to restart NT7?

Hi all - quickie question here - if I make some code changes to a strategy script, do I have to restart Ninja to have those changes go into effect? I kinda thought disabling the strategy from the chart, making changes, then re-enabling the strategy might be enough, but am not sure. Didn't know if Ninja loads all of the scripts into internal memory when booting up(which would require a reboot after changing code) or if it loads the current/fresh copy of the code from disk when enabled/re-enabled for the first time.

Thanks...
    Last edited by AMATX; 11-23-2016, 08:48 AM.

Hello AMATX,

When making changes to a script and compiling, it is not necessary to restart NinjaTrader 7.

Any changes to the logic would require that you right-click the chart and select Reload NinjaScript.

Any changes to the default parameters setup in Initialize() would require you to open the indicator or strategy window and remove the instance of the script and add it back to get the default settings to appear.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by StevenNelson, Today, 04:07 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post StevenNelson  
    Started by Matthew Spositi, Today, 03:28 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes