Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Average Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average Volume

Can you tell me what I would need to add to the following code to recognize when volume has been below average over the past 10 bars.

if (CumulativeCurrentVolume(0)[0] < VOLMA(100)[1])
    Do something

Also, where can I find a referance basic code that is used in Ninja Script like !=, ==, {}, return;, etc...

Thank you,

Originally posted by Jeff 15 View Post
    Can you tell me what I would need to add to the following code to recognize when volume has been below average over the past 10 bars.

if (CumulativeCurrentVolume(0)[0] < VOLMA(100)[1])
    Do something
    I'd do something like this:

Code:
    counter = 0;
    if (Volume[0] < VOLMA(100)[0])
       ++counter; //increment counter by 1
    else
       counter = 0;
    if (counter >= 10) {
       // volume has been below average for the last 10 bars.
    }
    Of course, you have to make sure counter is properly declared as an integer elsewhere in your indicator.
    Also, where can I find a referance basic code that is used in Ninja Script like !=, ==, {}, return;, etc...
    See the documentation. The version 6 help guide at the support center has a language reference. See http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support.htm or pick up any book on C# (or Java).
    -Alex

Comment

Jeff,

As far as basic reference code for operators in your first post,

I found this helpful...

RJay
      Last edited by RJay; 07-28-2008, 07:56 AM.
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Error on Multi-time frame stategy

Thanks for all your help guys. I have another question on a Multi time frame strategy I cant seem to get fixed. Attached is some of the code I have so far. Ive tried everything I can think of. Maybe you can see what Im missing or point me in the right direction.
        Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Several bugs:
          - probably should read Highs instead of High etc. (if you want to do a multi series strategy)
          - you need to put brackets around your "paired" EnterLong statements like
          Code:
          if (condition)
          {
                EnterLong(...);
                EnterLong(...);
          }
          There likely are a bunch more errors in your code. You need to click on each click which will bring you to the erroneous line where you can fix the bug.

Comment

Volume counter

I am currently working on a volume alert and using the attached code originally from post # 2 (Thanks to anachronist). I am having trouble with "counter" being recognized. Can you give me hint on where I may find some info on the "counter" and why it is not being recognized. Thank you,
            Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately we are unable to provide support down to the level of actual C# coding basics. However here is hint: any variable you use in C#/NinjaScript, needed to defined. In your case your variable "counter" needed to defined e.g. like this:
              Code:
              private double counter;
              As last resort a certified NinjaScript consultant would be at help: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 15 View Post
                I am currently working on a volume alert and using the attached code originally from post # 2 (Thanks to anachronist). I am having trouble with "counter" being recognized. Can you give me hint on where I may find some info on the "counter" and why it is not being recognized. Thank you,
                You're welcome. I didn't mention declarations and initializations in my previous example because it is assumed that folks in this forum are already familiar with C#. As stated in the previous reply, you must declare the variable counter before you use it. In the "variables" section of your code (near the top) you need the statement:

private int counter;

In the "initialization" section, you can put

counter = 0;

for the first initialization.

This isn't the place to get tutored on C# programming. I highly recommend you buy a good book on the subject or look at any number of online resources for teaching yourself C#. If you have questions about programming as it relates to NinjaTrader specifically, and not general C# programming, then this is where you ask.
                -Alex
                Last edited by anachronist; 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Great advice from Alex

Thanks Alex,

I got a C# book, and after only a couple chapters I already understand a whole lot more.
                  Thank you for the advice,
                  Jeff

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM