Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Setting ATM strategy as exit strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting ATM strategy as exit strategy

Hello, I am able to program most of my trading ideas using the strategy builder, but all of them need more sophisticated rules for targets and trailing stops which I am not able to do and I have heard that it is possible to set a certain ATM strategy as exit strategy, but HOW ?

If anyone can help ?

Thank You

Hello sunlounger,

Thank you for the question.

While using a strategy you do have the option to use ATM strategies as well, but this would entail that you only use ATM strategies rather than using the other entry methods like EnterLong. This is also a more complex subject as there are quite a few variables to account for.

You can locate a sample of what would be required by looking at the included SampleATMStrategy. This strategy comes with the platform and demonstrates all required syntax for using ATM strategies in NinjaScript. There are some limitations to this system such as this would require that you manually code the strategy and that you can only use ATM strategy methods.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It seems I will not be able to do it and I realy do not understand why you do not follow the trend in user requirements ?

The future of trading is with using automated strategies which everybody should be able to do without any piece of knowledge in programming, this is the future, why you are not doing anything about this ?

Anyway... at least tell me howto manualy manage a stop loss which is placed by a strategy ? Not being able to manage it is an absolute NONsense!

Comment

Hello sunlounger,

You would not be able to use the wizard specifically for this no, but you are able to do this in general with the platform. In post #2 I mentioned the SampleATMStrategy that comes with the platform, this would be the syntax required to use ATM strategies in a NinjaScript strategy. Unfortunately the wizard would not be capable of making this complex of a strategy and would instead need to be manually coded.

NinjaTrader does offer a basic strategy builder but focuses on the NinjaScript portion of the platform which is what most users utilize. Because NinjaTrader uses C# programming language it is unlike a lot of other trading platforms in the sense that it is more programmer oriented instead of being more point and click oriented. In general this gives developers greater control over the logic they want to create but would entail you learn some programming in case the wizard does not have all the features you need to execute your ideas.

In general NinjaScript strategies are intended to be left alone to trade based on the logic in the file. If you want to manually modify stoplosses you would likely need to use the SampleATMStrategy as a starting point and instead use ATM strategies to control the targets. Using the targets in the Wizard specifically would not allow you to manually modify the orders because the strategy is instead controlling the placement of these items.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by sunlounger View Post
          It seems I will not be able to do it and I realy do not understand why you do not follow the trend in user requirements ?

The future of trading is with using automated strategies which everybody should be able to do without any piece of knowledge in programming, this is the future, why you are not doing anything about this ?

Anyway... at least tell me howto manualy manage a stop loss which is placed by a strategy ? Not being able to manage it is an absolute NONsense!
          Agree with sunlounger here. Bro follow the trends, they are there for a reason.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post fernandobr  
          Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton