Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import errors from one pc to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import errors from one pc to another

I have searched the forums for an answer to this and tried all of the suggestions I have seen, including the official thread in the tips forum about programming errors, but I am still unable to resolve the problem.

A friend of mine and I are working on a strategy script together. When either of us tries to import the file that the other person exported we get the error message:

Import failed. There are NinjaScript files in the imported NinjaScript Archive File that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import the NinjaScript Archive File.

The strategy compiles with no errors on both of our pc's. If I copy/paste the code he can paste it in his editor and it compiles fine. We are using a couple of built in indicator methods, which export with the script, but both are native to NT, not custom made. We are both using the latest version of NT.

Is there something else we can try?

You can only import when your local NinjaScripts contain no errors. The import file itself would only have allowed creation if there were no errors so the file is most likely not the issue. Please check your local environment and ensure there are no errors in work-in-progress code.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh, thanks for the quick reply.

This is the only code I have written in NT, so there is no other work-in-progress code to my knowledge. My understanding from the post in the Tips forum ( http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=4678 ) is that when you compile any indicator or strategy it "verifies" all of them in the library, displaying any errors in the log. There are no errors when I compile my code or any other indicator that I have tried.

The odd thing is that it is happening on both computers the same way. Compiles fine, exports fine, will not import.

Edit: Just to try something else, I went to the Indicators forum and got one of your indicators at random (the Acceleration/Deceleration one) and it imported fine. I am assuming this means there are no other errors in local code or it would not import, correct?
      Last edited by WarEagle; 08-03-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Correct. In that case then I would suspect something is wrong with the exported file itself. If you don't mind could you send it my way so I can explore it? josh [dot] peng [at] ninjatrader [dot] com Thanks.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

same error here

i have a strategy which compiles without any error. also my indicators compile fine.
          if i export this strategy and try to import it, i get this same error.
          nt 6.5

thank you

Comment

Did you author the strategy or indicator? Developed in the NinjaScript Editor?
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes - my own written strategy. developed with ninjascript editor. it did work until yesterday. don't know what change could have created that problem.

thank you

Comment

Is your NinjaScript object referencing any methods/properties outside the indicator, such as UserDefinedMethods?

Comment

grasgruen,

I finally resolved my problem. Josh tried to import it on his end and saw an error message regarding an unrelated dll. I am not sure why it would do this because I don't use any part of that indicator in my exported code. But awhile back I had tried to import an indicator from the forums but it never worked, so I deleted it. Apparently NT still loaded a dll from it on startup and somehow it messed up any code I exported. I tried simply deleting the dll file but that really screwed things up, causeing half of the default indicators to throw an error in the log on NT startup, becoming unavailable for use. So, the last thing I knew to try was a reinstall. I did this and my code imported and exported with no problem. I still don't really understand what happened, but somehow that old indicator left something that corrupted my exported code.

Check your log on startup and see what dlls might be trying to load.

Comment

the strategy uses some other customized system indicators and an own developed indicator. they also compile with no problem.

thanks

Comment

Try including these other indicators as part of the export process.

Comment

still same error.

Comment

Could you send the zip file via Help > Mail To Support, in subject include "For Ray"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
                          1 response
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                          Started by Creamers, 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
                          6 responses