Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Controlling the categories in the properties section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling the categories in the properties section

Hello:

Is there a way to define/code category(s)' entries such that when the indicator's window is opened that the entries under that category are not shown, i.e., the category is collapsed instead of expanded?

This would allow the indicator window to be much smaller by allowing lesser modified entries (as determined by the programmer) to not be visible until the user wants/needs to modify an entry..

Thank you.

Hello Cheech, and thank you for your question. The attached partial code, intended to be added to an indicator, will accomplish the goal you had in mind. Please note that code samples we provide are for educational purposes, and are not intended for live trading, and are not guaranteed to accomplish any user goal or to be maintained. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jessica.

This is a lot more complicated then what I expected. For some reason I had the belief that the ability to do what I wanted was already there but didn't know how to code it.

Anyhow, a few more items please:

1.In the properties section I've seen and used "Category" and "Grid Category" interchangeably without understanding when one should be used vs the other. Please explain? Does the provided code effect both or only one of them and if one, which?

2. From what I can see in your sample and given that I do not want to disable the ability to expand a category Use Case 1 is appropriate. Correct?

3. I was remiss in mentioning that I want to be able to selectively cause a Category to be collapsed when the indicator panel was opened but did not see any way of indicating that in your sample code. Does that mean that the code effects all of the Categories in the properties section? If not, what would be the code to cause a particular Category to come up collapsed? If so, what needs to be done to make it work that way?

Thank you,

Frank
      Last edited by Cheech; 03-06-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
        Hello Cheech, and thank you for your question. The attached partial code, intended to be added to an indicator, will accomplish the goal you had in mind. Please note that code samples we provide are for educational purposes, and are not intended for live trading, and are not guaranteed to accomplish any user goal or to be maintained. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
        Looks like NT8 code. This is the NT7 section, no?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Looks like NT8 code. This is the NT7 section, no?
          Humm? My request was for a solution for NT7. I don't know what the NT8 code differences are so I can't comment on the solution provided by Jessica.

Comment

I apologize, the NT8 / NT7 mistake was mine. For NinjaTrader 7, my colleague Jesse and a forums user traderpards have a code sample you may find useful here,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP06 View Post
              ... have a code sample you may find useful here,
              I looked at the code and quite honestly while at the same time not appearing to be unappreciative, it would probably be easier for me to learn to read Kanji. Even the dialogue and explanations were over my head.

Still, a thank you for responding.
              Last edited by Cheech; 03-07-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I agree achieving this through C# is an advanced programming topic. Therefore I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
                This customer would like convenience methods added to the NinjaScript base for deciding at compile time how to display properties in the properties grid
                I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Thank you Jessica. Nice to see that user needs are taken into consideration.

Comment

Hello Cheech,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-655

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                    21 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                    3 responses