Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy just stopped updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy just stopped updating

I have a chart open tied to my strategy, after a while it just stopped updating the chart and the strategy. I still see the price moving in my LevelII window. I didn't get any error message, what happened? Could it have been an exception inside my strategy but NT isn't showing me an error window? Do I have to do something specific to be warned on errors? The strategy is still shown as running in the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

You will want to check the Log tab of the Control Center for any errors that might have happened while running.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could it be that I'm having more issues with MB Trading's test account than I am with NT? NT seems to be very flaky, but I'm starting to think it's MB not NT because the log shows disconnects for no reason in the middle of the day.

Comment

Tradefaz,

I think it is a problem with MBTs test account. With a live account I don't get many unexpected disconnects; the chart updating problem exists with MBT and their API not handling the account reconnects properly (unfortunately).
        mrlogik
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Originally posted by mrlogik View Post
          Tradefaz,

I think it is a problem with MBTs test account. With a live account I don't get many unexpected disconnects; the chart updating problem exists with MBT and their API not handling the account reconnects properly (unfortunately).
          You mean you do get *some* unexpected disconnects from MB? Do you use other brokers, like IB? Does NT work better with other brokers perhaps than MB?

Comment

I may get one disconnect throughout the day for about 10 seconds, but that's about it.

I don't use any other brokers; I don't know if NT works better with IB.

The problem that you're experiencing is probably because of MBTs API. I don't experience the chart lock up issue with my live account at all. I do, however, have to disconnect, restart NT, and reconnect between 11:58PM EST and 12:05AM EST due to MBTs server reset. The auto reconnect by MBT doesn't work properly right now.

Also, do you have all of the updates to .NET 2.5? Make sure you do.
            mrlogik

Comment

Originally posted by mrlogik View Post
              I may get one disconnect throughout the day for about 10 seconds, but that's about it.

I don't use any other brokers; I don't know if NT works better with IB.

The problem that you're experiencing is probably because of MBTs API. I don't experience the chart lock up issue with my live account at all. I do, however, have to disconnect, restart NT, and reconnect between 11:58PM EST and 12:05AM EST due to MBTs server reset. The auto reconnect by MBT doesn't work properly right now.

Also, do you have all of the updates to .NET 2.5? Make sure you do.
              So the one disconnect for 10 seconds is the maintenance disconnect at night, or in addition to that maintenance disconnect?

Thx for the help.

Comment

That is in addition to. The one at midnight is no big deal.

I'm looking at my log right now and I see a disconnect at 6:31:37 AM and a reconnect at 6:32:10 AM. That is the only disconnect for yesterday. Thursday shows the same. Its usually at 6:30 AM when I get a disconnect.
                mrlogik

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                0 responses