Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawText font keeps resetting to default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawText font keeps resetting to default

DrawText(CurrentBar.ToString()+"FamirTriggerS",tru e,"F\ne",0,TextAnchorS-SignalLabels.SizeInPoints,FamirColorS,SignalLabels ,StringAlignment.Center,Color.White,Color.White,10 );

I've used the above to draw text on a chart; however, if I change the font from the default, it returns to the default font on the next chart opening. I have tried to save it as a template to capture the font but that doesn't seem to work, either.

Is there a secret I should know to allow the font to be changed and saved with the workspace/template so it doesn't need to be reset each time I open a chart(s)?

Snap

p.s. odd about that space in tru e in the command. It is not there in the NinjaScript and I can't get it to go away in this post. I've even backspaced over the entire word, previewed it w/o the true and reentered the true. The space is still there. Hmmmm

Not sure I follow.
    Please see how to draw text using a font parameter: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H.../DrawText.html

Comment

I declared the variable: private Font signalLabels = new Font("Tahoma", 10);

and serialized it as:
      [XmlIgnore()]
      [Description("Signal Font to use")]
      [Category("Sound and Display")]
      [Gui.Design.DisplayName("Signal Font")]
      public Font SignalLabels
      {
      get { return signalLabels; }
      set { signalLabels = value; }
      }

If I go to the indicator parameters and select a different face, size, style, etc., save the workspace and a template and close the chart, when I reopen the chart or workspace or apply the saved template, the font the text is written in is always the default. I need to go back in and change to a different size, face, style, etc. each and every time.

Snap

Comment

Unfortunately this is beyond what we provide support for. However, here is a hint: please check out the HeikenAshi indicator for ShadowColor/ShadowColorSerialize properties, the same issue is with the "Color" structure.

Comment

I'll check it out.
          Thanks

Comment

Actually we have a tip on this: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=4977

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post terofs
            by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes