Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a discrepancy between the DataSeries and the chart data box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a discrepancy between the DataSeries and the chart data box?

I have a data series on a chart. When I hover over a bar, I see a value of 0.0000337. The next bar in the data series is 0.0000278. The 2nd is clearly less than the first. However when I test for a comparison they are considered equal.

How is the data box from the chart calculating the value different from the actual data series? Clearly those two numbers are not equal right?

The Data Box will display whatever is in there. Please use Print() of your actual values to debug.

Print(myDataSeries[0] + " " + myDataSeries[1]);
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      The Data Box will display whatever is in there. Please use Print() of your actual values to debug.

Print(myDataSeries[0] + " " + myDataSeries[1]);
      What I'm saying is that myDataSeries[0] and myDataSeries[1] are being tested as equal even though the data box is showing them as different values.

Does this have something to do with the inability for computers to store proper floating point values and the introduction of some kind of rounding errors? That is why I'm wondering how NT is extracting the values to show in the data box, because they are definitely different than what is being reported by the dataseries.

I tried doing Math.Round(mds[0]) == Math.Round(mds[1]) and that resulted in a false, so there seems to be more than meets the eye here.

Comment

DataSeries are double values, the DataBox will display the same data as displayed on the chart. This value is trimmed to the same number of significant digits as the underlying tick size of the instrument.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes