Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

List Box on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List Box on chart

Looking for guidance on how to display a list box on a chart (like a button) ... the list will be populated by an enum list. It should function the same as a list box that would appear in the parameters section, but I need it to display in the header section of the chart itself.

I realize this is more of a C# question than NT7, but would be grateful if someone can direct me to a resource which can explain how to do this. thanks

Don't remember where I picked this up.

Hope it helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you shuglu! Appreciate your response. One more question. I need to populate the ToolbarDropdown with the ATM strategy names. I already have a section of code that accesses the strategy names to populate a list in the parameters section (see code below in blue), but not sure how do I get these ATM strategy names in the ToolbarDropdown. Any insight will be greatly appreciated! tx

#region StringConverter
      public class AtmConverter : StringConverter
      { public override bool GetStandardValuesSupported(ITypeDescriptorContext context) { return true; }
      public override bool GetStandardValuesExclusive(ITypeDescriptorContext context) { return false; }
      public override StandardValuesCollection GetStandardValues(ITypeDescriptorContext context)
      { string[] sarr = new string[0];
      foreach (StrategyData data in NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.Engine.GetObjectSet(typeof( StrategyData), "category = " + 2))
      { if (data.Strategy is AtmStrategy)
      { Array.Resize<string>(ref sarr, sarr.Length+1); sarr[sarr.Length-1] = data.Strategy.Name;
      } }
      foreach (StrategyData data in NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.Engine.GetObjectSet(typeof( StrategyData), "category = " + 1))
      { if (data.Strategy is AtmStrategy)
      { Array.Resize<string>(ref sarr, sarr.Length+1); sarr[sarr.Length-1] = data.Strategy.Name;
      } }
      return new StandardValuesCollection( sarr );
      }
      }
      #endregion

Comment

Hello pman777,

This would be far outside of the realm of NinjaTrader Support, however, you have a for loop in your converter that is likely populating these values.
        Originally posted by pman777 View Post
        foreach (StrategyData data in NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.Engine.GetObjectSet(typeof( StrategyData), "category = " + 2))
        You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        169 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes