Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

the appearance is all changed. where are indicators provided nin 7 by other users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the appearance is all changed. where are indicators provided nin 7 by other users?

where are indicators provided nin 7 by other users?I'm looking for Vervoot's Heikin-Ashi Candlestick Oscillator (HACO)that would appear in a lower panel

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, after several years we have updated the forum software and we hope you like the changes.

All of the file sharing areas of the NinjaTrader forums has been moved to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem site. Here is a link to all of the same files in one area (that can be sorted as needed): https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/

I looked the for NT7 HACO and it appears to have been missed in the move. I will resubmit to get it into the Ecosystem. In the meantime, for your convenience, I will attach the indicator to this post.

File name is NT7_HACO, will install as HACO
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The indicator HigherHighLowerLowStochastics I like more than HACO and know how to write an alert if HHS crosses above or below LLS but not which lines of code define HHS and LLS? Can you help?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your post.

The HHS and LLS are defined as the period EMA of the data series HS or LS times 100.

For further understanding, you may want to review the TSAC February 2016 article.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
          Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your post.

The HHS and LLS are defined as the period EMA of the data series HS or LS times 100.

For further understanding, you may want to review the TASC February 2016 article.
          Hi Paul,

Thanks for all wonderful things that you guys do.

Just an observation that only a small number of your members may read and have access to TSAC articles. I have been a TASC reader for almost 38 years and know that the full length article material is copyright. However, by the fact that all TASC submissions are open source, a short explanation of what the indicator is and trying to accomplish is customary and acceptable as is usually provided in Trader's Tips by other vendors.

Almost all of the TASC indicators posted by NT lack any explanation and just refers the user to TASC article. I think a short explanation of the TASC add-ons for future postings will go a long way to motivate the users to download and actually understand and use these add-ons.

Thanks and keep on great work.

Comment

still not getting it--the following compiles but nothing is on the chart
            if (CrossAbove( HHS,LLS, 1))
            DrawDot(" up" + CurrentBar, false, 0, Low[0], Color.Green);

This section draws a dot nowhere it should be. like in the picture.
            if (CrossAbove( HS,LS, 1))
            DrawDot(" up" + CurrentBar, false, 0, Low[0], Color.Green);
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your post.

I copied your code into the indicator and it appears to place the dots correctly. Please note that I placed the code after the HHS and LLS were set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	simpletrades-2.PNG
Views:	151
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1038535

Comment

thanks that fixed it.
                Now that it does that I can kill the dots and switch to sound later, but I know how.

Comment

Your help worked fine but this weekend I want to see f the 3 EMA 15 EMA cross (from Guppy) might be an extra filter before sounding off.
                  It draws dots for crossabove but virtually identical code for crossing below doesnt compiie.
                  I used*\ */ to exclude the bad part at the end. Why dont both directions work?
                  Attached Files

Comment

It doesnt look like its a good fllter but I'd still like to know why both directions dont compile

Comment

Hello simpletrades,

In the properties section, you have assigned Values[0] and Values[1] to your ShortMA1 and ShortMA2, these conflict with the other Values for HHS and HHS. Each output must be unique. As you are using Values[2] for HigherHigh, you should use Values[3] for ShortMA1 and Values[4] for ShortMA2. Also, replace the plot names of 3 & 15 with the same ShortMA1 and ShortMA2.

Comment

Are there programs to determine what indicators or software programs are conflicting with the NT7 program? The program is slow to load just one chart, taking 2 - 3 minutes to load a single chart. Also when I change from Orders to Strategy's the control center I get a blue circle that lasts for 2 - 3 minutes until the Strategy tab appears.

Comment

Hello PanamaJack,

Thanks for your post.

Please write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com and send your log and trace files so we may review for anything that would be an issue/conflict.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920  
                          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes