Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

TimeLines NT7 to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TimeLines NT7 to NT8

Hi Guys! Slowly migrating from NT7 to NT8 and one of my favorites indys when using non time based candles is Timelines. Does anyone knows how to do that in NT8? If it is not present by default, would be possible to convert it? Or if it is already converted point me out where it is? Could not find using searching.. thanks a lot!
    Attached Files

Hello Mr.Trader,

Thanks for your post.

There are a few key items to look for when converting your scripts from NinjaTrader 7 format to NinjaTrader 8, and we keep a Code Breaking Changes table updated in the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide to assist in identifying changes or new implementations of familiar methods and properties from NinjaTrader 7: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

Some notable items to consider when converting your code will be the following:
    • Initialization has changed significantly. Initialize() has been replaced with OnStateChange(), which can be used to filter out different stages of the entire life cycle of a script (SetDefaults, Configure, Historical, Realtime, Terminated, etc.) OnStateChange() is fully covered in the Help Guide.
    • The names of many methods and properties have changed slightly, so you will need to refactor these in your code. The Code Breaking Changes table can make this task much easier, and there is also an alphabetical reference in the Help Guide that can help to find new method/property names: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm
    • In numerous instances, you now have direct access to objects, where in NinjaTrader 7 you had to work with interfaces. For example, rather than the IOrder interface, you now have direct access to an Order object and its related fields. This will require a change in the way items like this are handled in your code.
    As always, we are more than happy to help out with tips and advice in this area, although we do not offer full script conversion services.

Alternately, if you would like we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers who could provide this conversion service for you.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Guys! Thanks for a prompty reply! This is the indicator that is stoping me to migrate from 7 to 8..

ALL other, complex and time-consuming were already converted. Thiis one, a "simple line drawer" , i.e. every 60minutes draw a line, could be converted, translated, or maybe implemented by default at nt8 indicators....

i do appreciate the replay; but I am not a programmer. I have invested so many time and money in nt7 era, and, the most effective response were from community, not hired programmers, so, if NT's official staff and programmers, or even volunteers could do that translation/conversion, that would be awesome!, other could benefit too..

Thanks in advance for everyone who would enter in this jouney, as I cant program a sibgle MA crossover...

Best Regards!

Comment

Digging... found a dinoussaur from 2009!!!

Of course it doesnt work in NT8...

Still looking for lines to be plotted in a interval...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Trader View Post
          Digging... found a dinoussaur from 2009!!!

Of course it doesnt work in NT8...

Still looking for lines to be plotted in a interval...
          try this https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ezonecolors-2/

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM