Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why can't I compile. I get this error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't I compile. I get this error.

Why can't I compile. I get this error. "Unable to writer file "c:Users/....cs Access to the path .... is denied.

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

Without the full error its hard to say specifically what is wrong, however, the error seems to note that access to the file is denied.

This would generally indicate the file in the error message cannot be saved, this could be caused by third-party antivirus software or other backup/sync software that may be running. If you have any external software that scans or otherwise tries to access the NinjaTrader documents folder you could try disabling that software to see if this is related. This could also deal with permissions of the file in question. I would need the entire error to better understand what may be happening here.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse. This problem has recurred again today, 5 years later. I turned off anti-virus software today and that didn't help. What else permissions? One clue is that if I remove the indicator that is not permission, the next indicator will show as not being permissioned. If I remove it, the next, and so forth. These are custom indicators. They are not currently coded with vendor limitations but may be encountering issues related to those that are, although I don't show an assembly in my list. They are encrypted. Any chance we could teamview?

Comment

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

Unfortunately the full error was never provided so I would not have any additional details on what this may be. The error seems to hint at a permission issue, this could be anything accessing your documents folder outside of NinjaTrader which is preventing it from writing. That could include antivirus protection, sync software or other items which monitor your documents folder. If the platform cannot save to your documents folder, that would be one reason why this may come up.

The process you described of removing one indicator and comping etc is normal, all indicators have to compile in order for the compile to work. You may not see all errors listed at once but only the top few. Removing one indicator will just expose the next error.

I would need to see the complete error to be of better assistance here or to know what may be happening. If you can provide an image of the errors or the complete error that would be helpful. If you take an image, make sure to expand the "Error" column so the error is visible.

For scheduling a call, we cannot do that on the forum. You can email the general platform support email if you wanted to schedule a remote session with support.

Comment

Thanks Jesse. My apologies for not inclluding the entire message. The NinjaScript Editor does not generate any errors. Instead, when I attempt to compile I get a dialog box with this error:
          "Unhandled exception: Access to the path 'C:Unsers/profi/Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/Indicators?Mountains/MountainAltES.cs' is denied."

Comment

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

Thank you for providing the error.

Was this copied or typed out? There is a question mark in the path, are you seeing that actually displayed in the error, just as you have shown?

C:Unsers/profi/Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/Indicators?Mountains/MountainAltES.cs'
            If you are seeing a question mark in the path, that may be part of the problem as a question mark would not be a valid character in a path. If this was not copied, and this is just a typo please let me know.

Could you open the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators
            • Is there a folder named Mountains?
            • Are the stock indicators such as @SMA.cs etc listed?
            • Does the Mountains folder contain indicators (.cs files)?
            • Does the Mountains folder contain .dll files?

You noted that you were removing indicators previously, was this one that was removed? If so, was another custom indicator listed similar to the above and was it in the same path "Mountains"?

You also noted They are encrypted, if the item is a protected import the path in the error would not be correct. Generally we would see protected exports which contain a few .dll files and .cs file reside in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom.

Based on that observation, the problem may be that the files are just in the wrong location. If the errors all contain "Mountains" or similar named indicators, the solution may be to manually remove all of those items and check if you can compile at that point then re import the zip.

If you feel that this is getting over your head, please feel free to email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com to request further assistance.

Comment

Sorry. The question mark was a typo. The Mountains folder only has custom Mountain indicators in it. No dlls or @ prefixed stock indicators. The Mountain indicators have all worked in this location before. Here's a hot clue. When I started my computer this morning I was able to compile 3 new indicators. Yet, after closing the ninjascript editor I reopened it and tried to compile and started getting that same error message. What happened between when I could compile this morning and shortly thereafter when I couldn't?

Comment

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

From the added details I would not be certain why you would be able to compile and then not after closing the editor. If you compiled, you should be able to close and open the editor to see the same result. Only if you made some change between those two compiles would make sense on why it would not compile now.

Was anything changed between the compiles that you were aware of? Are you doing manual changes to the file system outside of the NinjaScript editor? Also how were the 3 new indicators imported?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                2 responses