Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

need help or suggestion for d3 divergence indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help or suggestion for d3 divergence indicator

Hello,

i have an indicator that plots divergences by adding acircle ffractal over a candlestick. I am trying to use it towards a auto trading strategy but im having problems because there are no data points for the strategy to use other than the fractals. Was wondering if there is an indicator that can help plot a data point for the divergence indicator i use. The indicatot is called d3 divergence. If there is no indicator that does such a task, is there any suggestions other than contacting the developer to recode the indicator for me? Thanks in advance!

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thank you for the post.

I found a d3Spotter indicator on the forums here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ge4#post742948

I modified that script to add two boolean series. This will allow you to pick out the dot signal you get when an upper or lower dot appears.

Please also see this reference sample on exposing indicator values that are not plots and accessing the public series through a strategy, it covers the same concept:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...alues_that.htm

To install the indicator, copy the attached files into ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator then compile. If you already have DivergenceOcillator.cs in that folder, skip that file.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Attached Files
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris!! Once i get back to my hotel from snowboarding i will check out the indicator and the instructions on how to expose boolean points!! Let me just say how stoked i am to get backto try the indicator out on my strategy! You are the man for this for going over and beyond if there is a place u need me to write a review im more than happy to post sumthin for ya!!

Comment

Hi again Chris! I got your attachments and was wondering how to compile them correctly? I put the files into the directory you listed and tried compiling the d3divergencewithboolean indicator and there was a list of errors that popped up. Just wondering if im doing this correctly because I have never compiled any indicators before. Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thank you for your reply. I'm happy I could assist.

Go ahead an remove the old files from my last post. I exported the script and attached to this post. If you already have the D3Spotter, you might run into compile issues when importing because of the global enums named D3SpotIndicatorMethod and D3SpotPriceType. If that is the case, remove your old D3Spotter from the platform then import this one. You can remove it by going to Tools>Edit NinjaScript>select the indicator>click Delete.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you for uploading the d3 divergence with the boolean points exposed! It works exactly as it should! I noticed that the d3 divergence indicator you found is actually different from the one that i am used to using. I think because its an older version its a bit more inaccurate. I hate to ask you of this after all you have done, however do you think you can expose the boolean points on the d3 divergence indicator that i attached below? Is this possible at all because i noticed this one is already compiled and im not sure if there is a way to go backwards to get the script. Hoping you can make some magic happen for meeee thank you in advance!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mrxdaviepoo; 01-26-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thank you for your reply.

It looks like the package that you uploaded separates each spotter by indicator, so one would need to add the logic for each indicator in the .zip file. I can do one of them if you would like. Please let me know which one you would like as an example.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello Chris!

Yes that would be really awesome if you could for me. I use the MACD d3 spotter. Appreciate all of your help thus far!!!!

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thanks for your patience.

I have attached the example MACD D3 spotter. Please see attached. Place the file within ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator then compile

Attached Files
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 01-30-2019, 03:36 PM. Reason: uploaded correct file

Comment

Hello Chris, please could you, or anyone else in the forum capable of doing it, convert this for NT8?
                    Thank you.

Comment

Hello guidoisot,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, I can not do custom conversions. It would need to be up to a member of the community to convert the script. You may also hire NinjaScript consultant to convert this for you. Please let me know if you would like more information on that.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting the .cs file. Would i need to delete all d3 indicators in order to compile this without any errors? Thanks in advance! Your the best!

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to compile with all of the D3Spotters in my system. What compile errors are you getting? Could you post a screen shot?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Chris,

i compiled the .cs file and it made a sound like it has been completed without errors however i can not find it in my indicator list. Was wondering if theres another step that i might be missing out on? I feel like it got compiled correctly but not sure what needs to be done next so i can start utilizing it. WERE ALMOST THERE! Thank you for everything thus far!

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thanks for the reply.

Edit:
                              I apologize, I gave you the wrong file, please replace the file I gave you with the one attached.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 01-30-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Skifree
                              by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                              5 responses