Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

mysql database code sample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody

I had NT7 on my Win7 System several years. Now I installed it on a new Win10 PC and encounter the same problem mentioned several times in this thread: Strategy compiles successfully, but when executed I get this error: "File or assembly MySQL.Data.dll or a dependence can not be found by the system"
    I tried all tips from this as well other threads like placing the MySql.Data.dll in bin/custom etc. nothing works
    I wonder how it is possible that we set a reference to an existing file, we can compile but it does not run? Seems like NT for some reason is not finding the file?

I would greatly appreciate if anybody has a solution to this problem.
    thanks!

Comment

Hello Beauregard, thank you for your post.

Please try re-locating the .dll file to a folder in the top level Documents folder. Could you direct me to where you got the dll so I can try this on my installation?

I look forward to hearing from you.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your reply, I moved the dll now here:
        C:\Users\admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 7
        I re-referenced, compiled, run, the error remains
        in the meanwhile I also de-installed connector 8, and installed net connector 6 to test and reference MySql.Data.dll and MySql.Data.Entity.EF6.dll, but no success

Comment

Hello Beauregard, thank you for your reply.

It seems like this problem is from the version. This similar post says it happened because it was compiled for .NET 4 and not 3.5, so ensure you are running a version identical to the one on your Windows 7 system.

This post also claims that reinstalling will work. I think if you get the correct version installed you will be able to run this.

Comment

thanks, I tried this. I have Connector 6.10.8 installed, which should be Net 4 compatible. and I reference system.data.dll from framework64\v.4.0.30319
            Also I installed already 3 times new.
            but the error remains. the problem is, that there is no more detailed information about the error, e.g. what exactly is missing or not found

Comment

Hello Beauregard , thanks for your reply.

Please confirm the version you were using on your Windows 7 machine. There is a large list of archived version for the MySQL connector here:

This answer on StackOverflow says you should use 6.3.x
              I'm doing an .NET application with Framework 3.5, I need to know the most updated version of Connector/NET with Framework 3.5, because the Connector/NET version 6.4.3 (latest) is compiled with Fram...

Comment

hi
                I finally could make it run. Key was to use 6.3.6 (before I used 6.3.8). And using Net-Framework SystemData.dll version 2.0.50727. Files now 8 year old, but the only thing working

Comment

hi can anyone can help me i try to connect to db Mysql and insert a data i download a script and little bit modify but return me some error
                  the error return me is cs 1502 line 140 cs 1503 line 140 cs 0266 line 155

Attached Files

Comment

Hello faustf, thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, this kind of code goes out of the scope of support I can provide.

Comment

and you dont know who can I ask to

Comment

Hello faustf,

You are welcome to ask the community members on the forum for their input on unsupported items. Pointing to this thread where sample code has been shared for NinjaTrader 7 would be the extent of the help that we can provide.

Scripting Support extends to what is documented in the help guide only.

We will leave the thread open for any community members to share their insight.
                        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
                          I had this error before, could fix it in 2019, now I have it again, but could not fix it. NT Scripts are the same.
                          I have NT7 on Win10.
                          Strategy compiles successfully, but when executed I get this error: "File or assembly MySQL.Data.dll or a dependence can not be found by the system"
                          I tried all tips from this as well other threads like placing the MySql.Data.dll in bin/custom etc. nothing works

As I understand this is a c# issue and I have to find a c# developer.
                          What is not clear to me: How is NT related to c#? How can I create a c# code in a c# environment which is the same as NT? For example as I understand NT 7 uses NET 3.5.

Or you have any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post PaulMohn  
                          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason