Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Colored MA Region - limit bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colored MA Region - limit bars

Applying the SMARegion indicator to color the region uses too many of my computer resources. My question is whether there is anything I can use inside the code to limit coloring the region for let's say only 5, 10 or 20 bars back. If so, how do I do that?

I ask because I have another indicator in my chart which requires that I load a minimum of 35days. But when I use the SMAregion and it draws 35 days worth of that region, my computer slows down. Plus I don't need to see 35 days back of that region; perhaps only 5 or 10 bars back.

sandman

Hello sandman,

The way this item works now it uses the Region drawing too so that could add more utilization if it needs to have a long history. In the code now there is not really anything you can change which would help besides preventing it from drawing. The code would need to otherwise avoid using the drawing objects and instead use the Plot override to render this data to gain any kind of performance gain.

If you only need this in realtime, you may try having it return for historical data that would at the least limit the amount of drawings to what happened in realtime.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes