Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

pullback code in Ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pullback code in Ninjascript

Hi! I enjoy the indicator and strategy development of Ninjatrader as well as the NinjaScript.
    Great Platform for Automatic Trading.

Quick question: Do you have as sample Code for uptrend then pullback as see below?
    I tried to start from scratch, I believe with your rich knowledge base, you may have sample examples.

Thanks,
    NewtonsLab

Hello,

You might find something in the file sharing section of the forum, however I can't see your screen shot that you posted.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Pullback

Hi! Ben:

Thanks for the reply.
      There is no screen shot just sketch a pullback in few bars format.

Regards,
      Newtonslab

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry, the sketch is not visible to me so I do not know what you are looking for.

Comment

Pullback Sketch

Ben here is the pullback Sketch

|
          | |
          | |
          | |
          |

Cheers,
          NewtonsLab

Comment

Hello,

Sorry, I still do not understand what you are looking for. Maybe take a screen shot of what you are looking at on a chart.

To take a screen shot select Ctrl+Print Screen. Then, open up Paint from Start > Accessories > Paint. Paste into the Paint program by clicking CTRL + V. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and post as an attachment.

For XP use Alt+Prnt Scrn instead.

Comment

Pullback Sketch

Ben:

Pullbacks occur after the breakout from a stock market chart pattern. Read for statistics, trading tactics, ID guidelines and more. Written by internationally known author and trader Thomas Bulkowski

please let me konw if it is clear for a standard the "Pullback"

Newtonslab

Comment

You can take a look at our NBarsUp and NBarsDown for a reference sample of how to detect a very strict semi pullback. What this does not do is detect the initial up or down trend. Writing code to detect such a pattern is not a trivial matter, something we can just post up quickly. You have to introduce some fuzzines in your logic to not lose some of the patterns. Check out the AutoTrendLine code in our File Sharing section to get an idea of how trends can be detected and then try to merge this idea with the NBarsDown etc...
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Pullback

Ben: Thanks

How about us Swing() indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    You can take a look at our NBarsUp and NBarsDown for a reference sample of how to detect a very strict semi pullback. What this does not do is detect the initial up or down trend. Writing code to detect such a pattern is not a trivial matter, something we can just post up quickly. You have to introduce some fuzzines in your logic to not lose some of the patterns. Check out the AutoTrendLine code in our File Sharing section to get an idea of how trends can be detected and then try to merge this idea with the NBarsDown etc...

Thanks Ray: I was reading the NBarUp and NBarDown but it is atrue/false with preset 3 true as input, as you indicated, I have to identify the pivot point before the pullback which Nbardown and Nbarup can not ptovide.
                    that provide me to study furth. It turns out Swing() may be able to give
                    the preset "fuzzie logic" as you indicated.

I was quite surprised that "long a uptrend with a pullback: is a such classic Pattern of Whcih Ninjatrader had not provide a solid example code
                    or indicator or strategy along that line....
                    Ray: are you in a position to figure/help it out since I am a newer comer...

Comment

Our company is in a position to provide guidance and support on our product(s) but not to do the actual coding work. If you require some assistance in that area you can contact any of our qualifed NinjaScript consultants.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Where is the File Sharing section of NinjaTrader. I've never found it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_boteroc4 View Post
                          Hi

Where is the File Sharing section of NinjaTrader. I've never found it.

Thanks
                          Scroll down into the sections.

Here's a direct link.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Jon17