Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw Text / private int / private string - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Text / private int / private string - question

I put together a simple indicator that draws the LinReg lines from up to 5 different time frames into any chart. The 5 timeframes can be freely chosen in the indicator menu.
    I then added a label to each line on the chart using a private string. The attached image shows my indicator menu, a chart and parts of the code to give an idea.

Currently, if I change a timeframe I also need to change the corresponding label/private string. This is how the DrawText code line looks like:

private int timeframea = 60;
    private string labela = "60";

DrawText("atagup", true, labela, rightend, (LinReg(BarsArray[1],9))[0], 0, riseclr, new Font ("Arial", labelsize, FontStyle.Bold),StringAlignment.Near, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);

Rather than having to type twice each the time frame and then the label separately,
    is there perhaps a simpler way so that it accept the chosen timeframe also as the label?

sandman
    Attached Files

Hello sandman,

Thanks for your post.

If you are looking to create strings for your tags that are consistent with the a specific data series that is added to the NinjaScript, I may suggest then to create tags using ToString() on Bars properties in BarArray.

For example: BarsArray[0].Period on 1 minute bars will equate to "1 Min" and on 2 second bars will equate to "2 seconds." These values could also be combined with the BarsArray's Instrument name as well. "BarsArray[0].Instrument.FullName"

Intellisense can be used to identity available properties which you could use to create tags based on BarsArray and Bars objects.

Intellisense - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tellisense.htm

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Hello sandman,
      If you are looking to create strings for your tags that are consistent with the a specific data series that is added to the NinjaScript, I may suggest then to create tags using ToString() on Bars properties in BarArray.
      Jim.
      Yes, that sounds like what I am looking for. Where do I find more data on how to put this together? Samples? I tried HELP, searching for ToString() but that doesn't list anything.

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

I'm not sure a sample would be needed in this context. ToString() will return a string that can be used in place of labela in your example.

You may add a print to observe what the string is so you may further develop your code.

Print(BarsArray[0].Period.ToString());

The main page of the Drawing Tools documentation shows how a unique string can be created with CurrentBar and used as the drawing tag. A similar approach would be taken to pass another string as a the tag parameter. For example:
        • DrawDot(CurrentBar.ToString() + "Buy", 0, High[0] + TickSize, Color.ForestGreen)
        • DrawDot(BarsArray[0].Period.ToString() + "Buy", 0, High[0] + TickSize, Color.ForestGreen)
        • DrawDot(BarsArray[0].Period.ToString(), 0, High[0] + TickSize, Color.ForestGreen)

DrawingTools - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t7/drawing.htm

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I can't help but say what someone else already expressed: the samples in the NT Help section are extremely minimalistic - especially for non-programmers like myself.

After several trials I found the simple answer to my original question:

Simply replace labela with BarsArray[1].Period.ToString().
          etc.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Denver_Wayne  
          Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
          0 responses