Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Keltner channel EMA with color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keltner channel EMA with color

Hello, checking between the indicators of Ninjatrader 8 I found that there is a channel indicator of Keltner with color, which provides the possibility to paint the entire area that is inside the channel.

The link of the indicator to which I refer is:

I downloaded it and installed it on NT8 just to see how it works, but, I am currently working with NT7 and I would like to know how I can do to add the function that this indicator has to the one I am currently using.
    Actualmente uso Keltner Channel con EMA. Lo edité desde el editor de NinjaScrip. Fui al editor, seleccioné el indicador Keltner Channel que viene en la plataforma NT7 de forma predeterminada, después de abrir el código que le di para guardarlo y lo guardé con el nombre "Keltner channel with EMA" para luego editar el código.
    Luego abrí el código y donde dice SMA, lo reemplacé con EMA.

In such a way that my indicators look like this:
    Channel of Keltner with color in NT 8:

Keltner channel with EMA (colorless) NT7:

Could you tell me how to add color to my NT7 indicator?
    Thank you very much.

Hello enriquefernandogomez,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can download a KeltnerChannel with color from this link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...id=1&linkid=56 Even though this is listed as for NinjaTrader 6.5 I tested on the latest version with NT7 and there are no issues. When you import it will ask if you want to replace indicators beginning with "@" symbol, please always select "No" as your "@" indicators are more current.

The 6.5 based indicator uses SMA (which is standard for Keltner channel, not EMA. If you want it to be based on EMA then you can make these changes:

Open the indicator using Tools>Edit Ninjascript>Indicator

Select the indicator in the file open window and click OK, this will open the script of the file for editting.

In the ninjascript file, go to lines 58 & 59 and change the SMA to EMA.

Next, right mouse click on the script and select "Compile". Once compiled, please close the Ninjascript window.

You can now apply the changed indicator to a chart.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul, I have followed everything to the letter and it has been excellent. Thank you very much for the help, happy start to the week!

Comment

The Keltner Channel indicator is sensitive to volatility, and plots an "envelope" of two bands above and below the middle line, which represents a 20-period Exponential Moving Average (EMA). The upper and lower bands define the area inside of which the price should generally fall. The price crossing or floating towards these lines could indicate a trading opportunity mybkexperience.
        Last edited by Lachlan259; 12-20-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
          Hello enriquefernandogomez,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can download a KeltnerChannel with color from this link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...id=1&linkid=56 Even though this is listed as for NinjaTrader 6.5 I tested on the latest version with NT7 and there are no issues.

Hello Paul

The indicator is for NT 8. Is there one for NT 7.0?

Last edited by NeuTronite; 02-13-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Hello NeuTronite,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. The previously posted links were to the old forum sections that held uploaded scripts. This was changed to the NT user apps in the ecosystem where the links take you now. I suspect that because the indicator was originally in NinjaTrader 6.5 it was not brought over to the NT user Apps. For your convenience, I have attached the NT7 indicator KeltnerChannelWColor that is EMA based.

KeltnerChannelWcolor.zip

Comment

Paul - Thank you very much for sharing the indicator. Works perfectly.
              Last edited by NeuTronite; 02-14-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Hola enrique,
                buen dia, por favor me podrias ayudar informandome como los puedo conseguir las MCDBB'S que tienes en el ninja 7 y ninja 8 por favor.

mil gracias por la ayuda que me puedas dar.

Cordialmente,

Angel

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                  Hello NeuTronite,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. The previously posted links were to the old forum sections that held uploaded scripts. This was changed to the NT user apps in the ecosystem where the links take you now. I suspect that because the indicator was originally in NinjaTrader 6.5 it was not brought over to the NT user Apps. For your convenience, I have attached the NT7 indicator KeltnerChannelWColor that is EMA based.

[ATTACH]n1048157[/ATTACH]
                  HI, Can I have this Indicator (with EMA) for NT7 but without colors? Would highly appreciate, thanks!!

Comment

Hello marora,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

You can use the indicator as is and simply set the "band color" to transparent in the indicator properties to no longer color the area between the bands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	marora-1.PNG
Views:	2691
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1083999

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses