Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

StreamWriter indicator (NT7 version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamWriter indicator (NT7 version)

Hello,

I have installed the StreamWriter indicator (NT7 version) and it seems to work well. I have added volume data as output, too. My problem begins when I try to export daily data from a stock for the last 18 years.

The chart is well, I select "Infinite" in "Maximum bars look back" but the "MyTestFile.txt" doesn't reach either 700 rows...

What am I doing wrong? Could you help me with this issue, please?

Thank you,
    Last edited by BernieTGN; 10-02-2018, 07:44 AM.

Hello BernieTGN,

Thanks for your post.

We've moved your post to the NinjaTrader7 forums.

Are you seeing an error when trying to export 18 years of data? (Check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages).

Have you tried on a chart with less than 18 years of data?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello BernieTGN,

Thanks for your post.

We've moved your post to the NinjaTrader7 forums.

Are you seeing an error when trying to export 18 years of data? (Check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages).

Have you tried on a chart with less than 18 years of data?
      Thanks Paul,

I think I have found out the problem. In my case, it works fine if I have the time scroll bar at the extreme of my right. I mean, if I move the time scroll bar to the left and I have the begining (or not the end) of the chart on my screen, it doesn't work well.

Thank very much,

Comment

Hello Paul,

I have made two code modifications in the StreamWriter indicator but I have realized I need much more programming skills to undertake my little projects with NT7.

Is there any official (or recommended) manual or guide to learn to programming with Ninjascript? It doesn't matter if I have to pay for it.

Thank you,

Comment

Hello BernieTGN,

Thank you for your response.

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
          These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238
          by Max238

Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes