Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

supports and resistances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supports and resistances

Hello,
    I'm a neophyte
    I have to create an indicator that I work on Tf1 min and that indicates me supports and resistances related to Close [0].
    Basically I would like to analyze every single High, Low between the candle [0] and the candle [50], and when there are at least 2 equivalent values go to determine this value as support (if value <Close [0]) or resistance (if value > Close [0]).

How do you advise me to develop this calculation of the "Fashion" of values?

is there anything similar to draw inspiration from?

thank you

Hello marubozu79,

Thanks for your post.

This would be difficult to do without a lot of coding and without creating a heavy resource using indicator. Generally speaking, on each new bar you would have to load 50 values and sort them to find two that are the same and with 1-minute bars you would likely find several pairs on each side so then you would need to determine which pair to use (if not all of them). Doing that process on each new bar would be resource consuming. You may want to try doing this manually tot get a better feel for what is involved. You would also need to maintain the list of values and compare them to the current price to see if these are broken which would mean removing them from the list.

There are a couple of indicators in the forum downloads that you may want to check out to see if they do what you need or can be used as model for your own coding. Please see:

SwingRays can be found in this forum thread:https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ight=swingrays

Another option would be to work with a 3rd party ninjascript developer that can code what you need, if this is of interest we can provide you links to multiple vendors of coding services.

Edit: Changed links for NT7 versions.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 10-02-2018, 07:39 AM.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello marubozu79,

I posted the incorrect links, I will edit my Post #2 to replace the NT8 links with NT7 links. Also, here is a link to the NT7 file downloads you can search through as well: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ks.php?catid=4

Comment

Hello,
        tanks,
        a manual test makes little sense, as I have to test a backtest strategy.
        So I ask if I went to feed an array there is a function that calculates fashion, that is, the number with greater frequency?

Comment

Hello marubozu79,

Thanks for your reply.

The suggestion to perform manually was to help you see what your coding would be faced with if you matched on only 2 points out of 50 and then how many pairs you might create in a 50 point lookback. It was not intended as the method.

There are no Ninjascript method that would meet your needs. As a suggestion, you might want to review C# lists which can be found by searching on the internet.

Edit: removed reference to NT8 Volume Profile.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 10-02-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Hello marubozu79,

Once again I have used NinjaTrader8 as a reference regarding the VolumneProfile. In NinjaTrader7 the Volume profile does not use a list, my mistake and I will remove that suggestion from my prior post.

Comment

Hello,
              I quickly developed the indicator using a compiled and ordered array on each OnBarUpdate.
              the operation of the indicator is excellent in market replay while I do not see operation in backtest. Are there any such known limitations when using Backtest Arrays?
              thank you

Comment

Hello marubozu79,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you see any error messages in the "Log" tab of the control center when you run the strategy in the strategy analyzer?

Comment

good morning,
                  I do not detect errors in the log.
                  thank you

Comment

Hello marubozu79,

Thanks for your reply.

Please make sure you have data for the strategy analyzer to run. A simple way to check is to apply the strategy SampleMACrossover over the same data set. The strategy will place continuous orders and if it does not then you may not have the historical data needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes