Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Copy Paste from Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Paste from Indicator

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to Copy-Paste a drawing but being called from an indicator. Talking about the actual process of Ctrl-C Ctrl-V as if I did manually.
    Unsuitable
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ocean Trading Indicators

Hello Unsuitable,

There is no specific documented way to do that from NinjaScript, one way would be to gather the first objects values using the DrawObjects collection and then re draw it.

You could invoke keyboard commands in the chart the same as you would when you do it manually. That still assumes that a manual mouse selection of a chart object happens before that is called. There is a sample of that using keyboard events to target a control in the rollover indications indicator on the public user app share: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indications-2/

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see. The reason I ask this is when an indicator draws an object, that object is attached and locked to that script. There's no way of attaching it to the chart. When refreshing the indicator, the drawings are erased. This is a limitation of NT7 but NT8 allows it.

However, when copy-pasting the objects drawn by the script, the attached to properties is unlocked, and by default, it's attached to the chart (where the drawings can be saved). I thought by copy-pasting an indicator object straight after it's drawn (done through a script), that could be a workaround. The solution mentioned is still drawn by the indicator making it incapable of saving the object.
      Unsuitable
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ocean Trading Indicators

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post yertle
      by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM