Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

50% of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50% of the day

Hi im wondering is there an indicator that plots the current 50% of the chart that moves with the current high and low of the day?
    My fingers are crossed for a straight line 50%
    Also is there an indicator to show where the gap in the market has been
    Thank you
    Last edited by CambodianT; 05-14-2021, 10:10 AM.

Hello CambodianT,

Thank you for your note.

Are you trying to build a custom indicator? Or, are you inquiring about a free indicator that you could use?

Please clarify, are you wanting an indicator that plots the midpoint between the daily high and low? If so, this could be accomplished without a custom indicator.

You could use the SMA indicator applied to a daily chart and set the 'Input series' property to the Median of the data series. To do this, open a Daily chart for the instrument you want, right-click on the chart and select 'Indicators', on the left side select the SMA indicator, in the SMA indicator's Properties section locate 'Input series', click the 'Input series' field, on the left side select the Price type drop-down menu, select Median, click OK, and click OK again. See the attached image demonstrating this.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just realised i posted in ninjatrader 8, i am using 7 and the sma set at meduan still is a line similar to a moving average not at the 50% of the day im wanting to do it on a 5 min chart.

Thank you for your reply

Comment

Hello CambodianT,

Thank you for your note.

Please answer the following from my previous post so we may accurately assist.

Are you trying to build a custom indicator? Or, are you inquiring about a free indicator that you could use?

Are you wanting an indicator that plots the midpoint between the daily high and low?

If you would like to have the indicator calculate from a Daily series and plot on a 5-minute series, you could add a hidden Daily data series to your chart. See the publicly available video linked below demonstrating how to add a hidden data series for an indicator to calculate from.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Im sorry brandon, i was in my own little bubble.
          i am enquiring about a free indicator that plots the 50% midpoint between the high and low of a 5minute chart

thank you for your help

Comment

Hello CambodianT,

Thank you for your note

I have moved this thread to the NinjaTrader 7 Indicator Development section since your inquiry is regarding NinjaTrader 7.

I am not aware of a free NinjaTrader 7 indicator that plots the midpoint between the high and low.

That said, this post will be open for any forum members that would like to contribute to your request.

Comment

Thank you Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                Hello CambodianT,

Thank you for your note.

Please clarify, are you wanting an indicator that plots the midpoint between the daily high and low? If so, this could be accomplished without a custom indicator.

You could use the SMA indicator applied to a daily chart and set the 'Input series' property to the Median of the data series. To do this, open a Daily chart for the instrument you want, right-click on the chart and select 'Indicators', on the left side select the SMA indicator, in the SMA indicator's Properties section locate 'Input series', click the 'Input series' field, on the left side select the Price type drop-down menu, select Median, click OK, and click OK again. See the attached image demonstrating this.

Hey Brandon - Is there a custom code I could add to the Prior Day OHLC indicator so that it also plots 50% of the previous day as well???

Thanks!

Comment

Hello jtf2021,

Thanks for your note.

Yes, you could save a copy of the Prior Day OHLC indicator and modify it with custom logic to plot 50% of the previous day.

To save a copy of the indicator to modify, open the Prior Day OHLC indicator script by navigating to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator, select the Prior Day OHLC indicator, and click OK. Then, right-click in the script and select 'Save as', name the copy of the script, and click OK.

Once a copy of the script has been made, you could modify it to plot 50% of the previous day. Add() would be used to add an additional plot to the script. You would then calculate your logic and assign that value to the plot.

See the help guide documentation below for more information.
                  Add(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/add.htm
                  Value(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../nt7/value.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                    Hello jtf2021,

Thanks for your note.

Yes, you could save a copy of the Prior Day OHLC indicator and modify it with custom logic to plot 50% of the previous day.

To save a copy of the indicator to modify, open the Prior Day OHLC indicator script by navigating to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator, select the Prior Day OHLC indicator, and click OK. Then, right-click in the script and select 'Save as', name the copy of the script, and click OK.

Once a copy of the script has been made, you could modify it to plot 50% of the previous day. Add() would be used to add an additional plot to the script. You would then calculate your logic and assign that value to the plot.

See the help guide documentation below for more information.
                    Add(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/add.htm
                    Value(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../nt7/value.htm

If Im not familiar with ninjascript, is there someone who knows what code I would insert into the original code to add that line? Im not sure how to code the conditions

Comment

Originally posted by CambodianT View Post
                      Hi im wondering is there an indicator that plots the current 50% of the chart that moves with the current high and low of the day?
                      My fingers are crossed for a straight line 50%
                      Also is there an indicator to show where the gap in the market has been
                      Thank you
                      just specify the fib level you want it to plot
                      DayOHC_Fibs.zip

Comment

Originally posted by jtf2021 View Post

If Im not familiar with ninjascript, is there someone who knows what code I would insert into the original code to add that line? Im not sure how to code the conditions
                        thank you nkhoi for the help,
                        also jtf2021 I a. Using a current day median off ninjatrader ecosystem free indicators It's perfect you can plot current 50% of the day or Also plot historical 50% of today

Comment

Originally posted by CambodianT View Post

thank you nkhoi for the help,
                          also jtf2021 I a. Using a current day median off ninjatrader ecosystem free indicators It's perfect you can plot current 50% of the day or Also plot historical 50% of today
                          Thanks. How would I plot historical 50%? I got the current day median, but dont see an option to choose data range

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                          Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse