Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Color the Plot for NT7? looking for a color change indicator for MA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color the Plot for NT7? looking for a color change indicator for MA's

Can anyone direct me to a download that has a color change on MA/s for NT7. I see a Color the Plot for NT8. but I like to use NT7 still.

Hello bottakemoney,

Thanks for your post.

I've moved your post into NinjaTrader7 indicator development section.

There is no Color the plot indicator for NT7. I would suggest looking through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem NT User apps section for all NinjaTrader7 indicators for your needs. These are free to download/use. Here is a link to that site: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...r-7-indicators

Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello bottakemoney,

As a courtesy, I have created the NT7 version of ColorThePlot indicator.

After installation (covered below), to use the indicator:

For price panel plots (such as any moving average):
      1) Select the _ColorThePlot indicator
      2) Configure actions by setting what actions you want to True and then adjusting further parameters if needed.
      3) In the input series line, left-click on the line to show the ellipse button on the right side, left-click on the ellipse button to see the "input series" window.
      4) In the input series window, left-click on "Indicators"
      5) scroll through to find the desired indicator and left click that indicator to show its parameters (such as period) that you would need to set here
      6) Click Ok to close the input series window
      7) Click OK to apply the indicator.

For indicator panel plots (Such as ATR):
      1) Select the _ColorThePlot indicator
      2) Configure actions by setting what actions you want to True and then adjusting further parameters if needed.
      3) In the input series line, left-click on the line to show the ellipse button on the right side, left-click on the ellipse button to see the "input series" window.
      4) In the input series window, left-click on "Indicators"
      5) scroll through to find the desired indicator and left click that indicator to show its parameters (such as period) that you would need to set here
      6) Click Ok to close the input series window
      7) In the ColorTheplot parameters, locate the "Panel" row and select "new Panel" ****Important****
      8) Click OK to apply the indicator

I've created a short video that covers the basics of these two applications of the indicator: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...NV8xNjg5MTc0MQ

Note: An additional feature in this version is a limit to the number of draw markers are drawn. By default, it is limited to 50. You can change this to any positive value you wish. Use 99 to see every marker that could be applied. The reason you want to use fewer markers is to limit the impact on the CPU.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript in NinjaTrader7

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
      1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu File>Utilities>Import Ninjascript...
      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
      Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

ColorThePlotNT7.zip

Comment

Hi Paul, thank you so much for this download. I did download it, but for the life of me, I can't find how to set the EMA I want? it is just tracking right in middle of price action? where in the indicator do I set the EMA I want to be changing color? thank you again for this download for NT7.

Comment

ps. my direct email is [removed]
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 05-19-2021, 05:51 AM.

Comment

OK, I did find the stuff .... thanks for the video very very helpful. Awesome support. Thanks for this!

Comment

Hello bottakemoney,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is a bit different in that you have to use the input series of the ColotThePlot indicator to then select the indicator to color. Once you get through that the rest is straightforward.

I removed your e-mail from post#5 as there are bots that search for e-mail addresses for spamming purposes.

Glad you find it of use.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses