Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

C++ to C# Converter found, will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C++ to C# Converter found, will it work?

So I've found software that converts C++ to C# and I'm wondering if it can be used to help automate the process of converting MetaTrader indicators to NinjaScript?

The demo version allows converting snippets of up to 100 lines which would be good enough in many cases. There seems to be a lot of potential with the custom string replacement (I've shown a few examples in the pic) and function replacement.

For those with experience in this area, is this likely to work, and if so what are some other custom string replacements that could be used?

The program can be downloaded from here:
    Attached Files

An automated translation of C++ to C# would be smallest part of work to do if you are looking into migrating a trading strategy from a different platform to NT.

Here is why:
    - you needed to manually migrate and verify the logic
    - replace methods/construct by NinjaScript equivalent and verify all cases work as expected
    ... there are a lot more details to it which would make me believe that the actual C++ to C# code translation would be 10% or less of your total effort

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

I see you point, but I'm actually looking to convert indicators, not strategies. A agree that some are going to be more difficult and complex than others, but I still believe there is potential here.

Maybe this is because in my first attempt at a conversion I was able to convert an MQL indicator that was somewhat complex simply by copying and pasting in NT with very minimal changes...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      An automated translation of C++ to C# would be smallest part of work to do if you are looking into migrating a trading strategy from a different platform to NT.

Here is why:
      - you needed to manually migrate and verify the logic
      - replace methods/construct by NinjaScript equivalent and verify all cases work as expected
      ... there are a lot more details to it which would make me believe that the actual C++ to C# code translation would be 10% or less of your total effort

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Will have a look at this

Hi Elliot wave

I have some experience with Metatrader and agree that it will be great if more indicators available in MT can be brought over to NT.

I will download the converter and try it out over the next month or so.

Regards

Verge

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses