Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating Stochastics of CCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Stochastics of CCI

I am trying to create an indicator of an indicato and cant figure it out I followed the example of the SMA of Volume but would like help on the Wizzard.
    Thanks

Hi designer,

Thanks for the post. Please tell us at what step you run into trouble following the tutorial and we will gladly assist you. Here is the tutorial link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview22.html
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,
      I am trying to create an indicator which is the Stochastics of the CCI. I was able to create all the parameters from the wizzard but when I get to the code portion i'm not sure where to insert the code from the CCI and the Stochastics. I guess I have to insert the CCI code...
      Thanks

Comment

Hi designer,
        First you will have to create a DataSeries object, because the Stochastics takes only a DataSeries input. In the Variables section add

Code:
         private new DataSeries cciValue;
        Then in the Initialize add

Code:
         cciValue = new DataSeries(this);
        Then you can use the Set() method to fill the DataSeries in the OnBarUpdate section

Code:
         cciValue.Set(CCI(Close, MyPeriod)[0]);
        Finally you can create your Stochastic CCI calculation

Code:
         double stochCCI = Stochastics(cciValue, MyPeriodD, MyPeriodK, MySmoothingPeriod)[0];
        Please also review this link -
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
          Do you suggest a similar indicator I can use as a template for the NT code?

Comment

Hi designer,

Please check out the following thread, the indicator posted there should give a good starting point for what you want to do -

Originally posted by designer View Post
            Thanks,
            Do you suggest a similar indicator I can use as a template for the NT code?

Comment

Would I be able to use the StochRSI code (attached)and just replace RSI with CCI in the code?
              Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't see why not. It should work fine. I have replaced RSI with CCI in indicators before and it was very simple and effective.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, this indicator can easily be modified to produce a Stochastic CCI.

Your minimum, maximum and rsi sets would then look like this -

Code:
                  [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]minimum.Set( MIN(CCI(PeriodRsi), LookBack)[[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                  [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]maximum.Set( MAX(CCI(PeriodRsi), LookBack)[[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                  [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]rsi.Set( CCI(PeriodRsi)[[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                  [/SIZE][/FONT]
                  Of course for better style you would want to change the PeriodRSI variable name into PeriodCCI (in the Variables and Properties sections), same with the rsi.Set dataseries.

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                  I don't see why not. It should work fine. I have replaced RSI with CCI in indicators before and it was very simple and effective.

Comment

Thanks,
                    I was able to paste your CCI code as shown below (see attachment) then i saved it but when I try to import the saved file into the chart i do not see it in the Indicators list...please check if i placed in the right location.
                    Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Save this file in

My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator

Then in NT select, Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator and select this indicator.
                      Then compile it by pressing the F5 key in the Editor.
                      Now this indicator will be available in NT.
                      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray thanks I did as sugested but get the following errors in lines 50-56
                        Error CS0103

Thanks

Comment

You would then have to debug the error, I would not know what the problem is since its not my code.

Here is a help resource that may provide some guidance - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3418
                          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi designer,

Please check out this debugged and commented code of the StocCCI and let me know if you have questions.

Originally posted by designer View Post
                            Ray thanks I did as sugested but get the following errors in lines 50-56
                            Error CS0103

Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes