Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

importing script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing script

hello i'm attempting to import a 3rd party indicator. when i go to import it i get the message "the existing file bin\custom\indicators\@ATR on your PC is a newer version of the one contained in the Ninja Script archive file you are importing. Would you like to replace the existing file? To my knowledge The ATR indicator that's in NT is nothing like what i'm attempting to import so i'm not sure why it's saying this. Please advise. thank you

Hello agraham,

Thank you for the post.

You can safely say no to the @ named files or system indicators. The zip file has to contain those files to be exported so the platform has to ask on those in addition to any other duplicates it finds. Generally the only time you would press yes on that dialog would be if you are importing an updated item, you can press no to all the @ named items and then Yes for the custom indicator when it asks.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello thanks for the reply but i'm not sure i understand. is it ok to import the file or no? this is a new indicator that is not like the current NT indicator. if i say no to this then basically i'm not able to import the new indicator. can you please clarify. thanks again.

Comment

Hello agraham,

Yes it would be fine to import the file. The warning is asking if you want to replace existing files with whats in the zip, you don't need to do that for files with the @ name so you can just press no to those messages. It will still import anything else in the zip that you don't press "no" for. If the custom indicator wasn't already imported then it won't ask you if you want to replace that and will just import that part of the zip.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post WHICKED
        by WHICKED

Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
        0 responses