Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Woodies CCI Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodies CCI Settings

From my knowledge the setting for Woodies CCI should be:

YM 25 Range Alt begin 9:30 Est - 4pm
    NQ 15 Range Alt begin 9:30 Est - 4pm
    GC 15 Range Alt begin 9:30 Est - 4pm
    ES 12 Range Alt begin 9:30 Est - 4pm
    TF 15 Range Alt begin 9:30 Est - 4pm

I'll post grain later...

My challenge is to get the same signals as the woodies charts? Any tips from those with some more knowledge of how to get the signals to match Woodies??

Who wants a Famir to the upside and a ZLR to the downside firing on simultaneously, one on my charts and one on Woodies.

Thanks much.

Hello,

I am not familiar with it. I suggest doing a search for Woodies on this forum and posting in one of those threads.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

These indicators are incorrect according to the CCI club. Desert Soft has the only working indicators. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by silver11 View Post
        These indicators are incorrect according to the CCI club. Desert Soft has the only working indicators. Take care.
        Amazing how people can give advice on something they do not understand. The person was asking about setting for Range Bar type of charts. Which indicator exactly are you referring to?
        Last edited by Eternum; 11-07-2008, 07:54 AM.

Comment

mainstream,

I believe your Range bar settings are correct although I'm not sure about the ES setting. Woodie used to have an article posted giving all the recommended ranges but I can't find it now.

As far as a ZLR short and a Famir Long on the same bar, it is entirely possible for both to coexist, potentially, in range bars. A close at the top of the bar may trigger a ZLR long while at the same time a low close would trigger a Famir short. As the range bar becomes better defined, one will usually go away.

As far as the indicator posted in the Forum, I recommend you get the DesertSoft demo package, if it's still available, and run it right alongside the freebie. You could also run the freebie and monitor the DS chart, and the TradeNav chart, posted by Woodie. Make your own judgement as to whether or not the DS package is worth the rather steep price of $200/month.

Comment

Thanks

I did just that. And the indicators you coded are sound! One needs to have pure tick data, and the correct RANGE ALT settings, including open and closing times of the market to replicate Woodies panels.

The DesertSoft is good too if you prefer hands free.

Many thanks to you for your work, and to Woodie for providing his research to those who are interested in what works to make money trading futures.

Comment

Have we got confirmation on the ES range setting? I have tried to locate it, and failed, so far.

Comment

I don't think he trades the ES their room is now trading EUROSTOCK indexes instead when the GC slows down.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post SantoshXX  
                Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DanielTynera