Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Better TRIN Indicator from Tradestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better TRIN Indicator from Tradestation

I spoke with Barry Taylor who created the BETTER series of indicators he said the BETTER TRIN indicator is OPEN CODE, Im sure somone here in Ninja can code it over from Tradestation, he doesnt offer the NINJA version but I noticed someone coded the BETTER Volume indicator so it shouldnt be too hard. If somone has it on Tradestation and wouldnt mind I would be grateful.

As a last resort you can also try a 3rd party NinjaScript Consultant here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd really like to see the BetterCOT indicator as well.

For what its worth the BetterVolume indicator is available for NT and in my opinion is the best volume indicator for NT bar none (once you know the theory behind it).

Comment

Elliott Wave, many thanks for your kind words about the BETTER Volume indicator. Barry Taylor

Comment

SurfMaverick, just in case there is some confusion about the term OPEN CODE.

By OPEN CODE I mean the indicator and systems are not "locked". However, I don't mean that the indicator and systems are "free to distribute".

I provide a lot of free code on my site and I'm thrilled when I get comments like the one below from Elliott Wave. I'm trying to keep my site balanced:
          - not to hype the performance of any of my indicators and systems
          - a mix of free code and proprietary indicators and systems for sale
          - very reasonable prices (I'm not selling the Holy Grail)
          - and OPEN CODE so customers understand how the indicators and systems work

Thank you for listening and congratulations to NinjaTrader on a very successful platform. I get more inquiries from NT traders than anyone else.

Barry Taylor
          Last edited by EminiWatch; 11-14-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Hopefully that fact and your joining the NT forum is a sign you are considering NT support for your indicators.

I've always wanted a COT indicator, but I don't feel I have the programming skill at this point to make one myself. I don't trade the e-mini, only forex, so if you make the better COT indicator available for NT, please include FX support.

BetterVolume has been a staple on my charts since I first came across it. One modification I made which you may want to test yourself is a second moving average. I have both HMA and SMA and have found the volume MA crossovers can be quite effective at identifying trend reversals, especially when confirmed by different bar types (climax etc).

Originally posted by EminiWatch View Post
            ...I get more inquiries from NT traders than anyone else.

Barry Taylor

Comment

Cot Report for the NinjaTrader

Please take a look at this post:

regards,
              jr.

Comment

Did you ever come across a BETTER TRIN or BETTER Trend Line for Ninja Trader? Please pass along if you can. I would really appreciate it!!!

Comment

better trin

Sorry but I don't understand.
                  Write me (jrATjrbolsa.com) if you want.

regards,
                  jr

Originally posted by bingkeff View Post
                  Did you ever come across a BETTER TRIN or BETTER Trend Line for Ninja Trader? Please pass along if you can. I would really appreciate it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SurfMaverick View Post
                    I spoke with Barry Taylor who created the BETTER series of indicators he said the BETTER TRIN indicator is OPEN CODE, Im sure somone here in Ninja can code it over from Tradestation, he doesnt offer the NINJA version but I noticed someone coded the BETTER Volume indicator so it shouldnt be too hard. If somone has it on Tradestation and wouldnt mind I would be grateful.
                    It can't be simpler. Please check attachment.

Code:
                    MyTRIN.Set(-100 * Math.Log10(Input[0]));
                    Attached Files

Comment

(I know this is an old thread, but figured it's the best shot of all the threads on the internet to get an answer, especially since Barry himself might respond.)

So the above formula is just for the indicator? What about the oscillator that's mentioned on the same page? The text says a package is "available below" but there's nothing there to download.
                      The TRIN Indicator is a leading indicator of market turning points. This article discusses how to incorporate the TRIN Indicator into your trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by usazencortex, Today, 12:43 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post usazencortex