Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

When Ninja support can help with simple indicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Ninja support can help with simple indicators?

Hi. I am a paid ninjatrader and always wondering when users can get support from ninjatrader to write some indicators, even simple ones, without being directed to 3rd party consultants? I have esignal and their support is always very helpful in writing indicators that we need for free.
    If ninja is in C language like MT4, it will probably be easier, but C# is totally different stuff and we need help, especially for non-programmer.

Does any other user agree with this?

Thanks

Thanks for your post.

At this time we do not plan to offer programming services free or paid. We of course are very eager to help provide support for those using our platform for development purposes.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Will it be possible then if I ask for a support for development of a simple indicator, like this below?

If previous bar low is higher than EMA(8) and EMA(19), and current bar low is below EMA(8) or EMA(19), then alert me.

If previous bar high is lower than EMA(8) and EMA(19), and current bar high is above EMA(8) or EMA(19), then alert me.

Could you help even just to provide a framework to write this indicator? I can write the logic, but having difficulties understanding and learning C# framework. What I meant is if you can provide a code template to do this, it will be very helpful, if you can't develop the entire indicator for me.

Thanks

Comment

You can always ask but we will not provide this service. As you pointed out, this is a simple indicator and a template will be just as much effort as the indicator. Maybe someone in the community is willing to help out or, you can ask one of our consultants to write this up. I think one of them even charges $35 for something of this complexity.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ssg10,

Thanks for posting.

I can highly recommend going through our indicator building tutorials for a good start...they detail many general procedures and approaches one wants to use in custom projects.

Please review this link here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

The tutorials are all listed from Level 1 to Level 7 at the bottom.

Have a great day!

Originally posted by ssg10 View Post
          Thanks. Will it be possible then if I ask for a support for development of a simple indicator, like this below?

If previous bar low is higher than EMA(8) and EMA(19), and current bar low is below EMA(8) or EMA(19), then alert me.

If previous bar high is lower than EMA(8) and EMA(19), and current bar high is above EMA(8) or EMA(19), then alert me.

Could you help even just to provide a framework to write this indicator? I can write the logic, but having difficulties understanding and learning C# framework. What I meant is if you can provide a code template to do this, it will be very helpful, if you can't develop the entire indicator for me.

Thanks
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post nandhumca  
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
          0 responses