Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume by price indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume by price indicator

Hello.

I need an indicator, which can show all volumes by every prices, like this:

Can anybody help me whith it?

Can it be programmed fo NT?

I need volumes per current and (or) previous sessions.

Or i would glad to see something like that:

(i mean total volume + prices for it)

This is Josh's CalculateValueArea or have a look at the Volume Profile indicator.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

But can You help me with instructions for it?

What are the volumes, shown on the chart? Is it current session, or volumes of the current chart window?

And what does the blue shadow means?

Comment

Just to clarify, this is not my indicator. This is a 3rd party indicator created by Ben who goes by the username sbgtrading. Indicator interpretation questions should be directed to the original author.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Alex,

I'm not sure what the indicator on that screenshot is showing...do you have any documentation from Open E Cry? That looks to be their platform, correct?

Thanks,
          Ben

Comment

Yeah, certainly, it was a screenshoot from their platform. So i want to see something like this anywhere else, i.e. NT 6.5. I have a documentation for it, but don't think it can be usefull.

Comment

All I need is a description of how the histogram is being calculated...then we can see if NT has anything like it already, or if we'd have to create something new.

Comment

Oh, it is not difficult. It calculates all volumes by each price during the trading session.

The histogram graphically offers the ability to determine price levels of both support and resistance. Easily enabled or disabled by clicking the button in the DOM toolbar. Then customize to meet your unique requirements and style.
                It was taken from http://www.openecry.com/software/sof...lights_DOM.cfm. OEC instruction manual have nothing about it.

Comment

That's great news! I believe this matches "VolumeZones" which is a free indicator that comes with each NinjaTrader platform. Remember, though, that it is a "real-time" indicator only, it does not currently have the ability to review historical volume data.

Comment

Yes, but i don't need real-time only, i want volumes from the past.

Comment

Ahhh...that's a limitation with NinjaTrader at the moment. Feel free to ask the NinjaTrader support staff when they might incorporate this feature.

Comment

It's not good, but i heard that there is a limitation only for historical asks and bids, so what about comulative volume?

And Your indicator from the second post, maybe it is have such volumes..?
                        If yes, cauld You answer for questions from the post 3?

Thanks

Comment

alexmaster,

Just throw the VolumeZones indicator onto a chart. You will see how it moves when the chart scrolls back in time.

As far as your question in post 3. It is evident that most of us do not know what you have on your screenshot. It is not something we can just look at and know exactly what it is.
                          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by alexmaster View Post
                            It's not good, but i heard that there is a limitation only for historical asks and bids, so what about comulative volume?

Thanks
                            Cumulative volume indicator requires live data also...it accumulates volume (buy and sell volume) as it comes in live, which is the limitation of NinjaTrader. To make it work with historical data, it would require a ton of programming and database work. First, all the tick-volume data would need to be in a database or flat file of our design, then the indicator could be rewritten to access that historical data since it is unavailable from NinjaTrader's data files.

Comment

Originally posted by alexmaster View Post

Thanks
                              The histogram bars in CalculateValueAreaHisto indicator are based loosely on the Market Profile class of indicators. Check out CBOT's educational site for more information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geotrades1, Today, 07:54 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post geotrades1  
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 06:03 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB