Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume by price indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just throw the VolumeZones indicator onto a chart. You will see how it moves when the chart scrolls back in time.
    VolumeZones doesn't show volumes on each price (but only lines for ranges, i.e. $2 on S&P 500).

As far as your question in post 3. It is evident that most of us do not know what you have on your screenshot. It is not something we can just look at and know exactly what it is.
    Hmmm... How can i explain it for You.. It is the volumes due the trading session, or week, or month etc, but not by time as we used to see it, but it is volumes by price.

Cumulative volume indicator requires live data also...it accumulates volume (buy and sell volume) as it comes in live, which is the limitation of NinjaTrader. To make it work with historical data, it would require a ton of programming and database work. First, all the tick-volume data would need to be in a database or flat file of our design, then the indicator could be rewritten to access that historical data since it is unavailable from NinjaTrader's data files.
    But others have it (eSignal, Se7en, OEC etc). Maybe there is another way for programming it? Counting tick volumes for one price, next for second, next for third...

The histogram bars in CalculateValueAreaHisto indicator are based loosely on the Market Profile class of indicators.
    Market Profile has time, price and volume. So what do You use in Your indicator? Time and sells (chart with letters) or Price and sells (volumes for every price)?

It is very similar to OEC terminal as i posted screenshot at hte first message, so i make another comparison of Your indicator with Se7en and it seems to be true for volumes, but what depends on the lines in Your indicator? What does the blue shadow mean?

Comment

alexmaster,

If the VolumeZones does not meet your needs then you will need to custom program your own indicator.

As sbgtrading mentioned earlier all of what you want requires custom programming. This is something that can be done, but will be an extensive exercise. As a last resort you can also try contacting a 3rd party NinjaScript Consultant to get the programming done for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

From your original screenshot, we do not know what it is or the interpretation of anything for that indicator. You will probably want to go back to where you got that screenshot from and ask them there.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sad..

Ok, sbgtrading, will You explain me the work of Your inicator. Is it based on volumes?

Comment

sbgtrading, won't You?

Comment

Originally posted by alexmaster View Post
            Ok, sbgtrading, will You explain me the work of Your inicator. Is it based on volumes?
            Hi Alex...pardon my delay in responding...let me know if the information below helps regarding the CalculateValueAreaHisto:

Yes, the histogram does show volume at price when the user selects VOC or VWTPO (see the descriptions of the profile types below). Volume is disregarded when the user selects TPO.

1) VOC - This method loads all the volume of a bar onto the closing price of that bar.
            e.g. A 5-minute bar has a volume of 280 and a range of 1.5 points with a close at 1534.25, then all 280 hits of volume are loaded onto the 1534.25 closing price.
            2) TPO - This method disregards volume altogether, and gives a single hit to each price in the range of the bar.
            e.g. A 5-minute bar has a range of 1.5 points with a High at 1534 and a Low at 1532.5, then 1 contract (or "hit") is loaded to the seven prices in that range: 1532.50, 1532.75, 1533.0, 1533.25, 1533.50, 1533.75, and 1534
            3) VWTPO - This method distributes the volume of a bar over the price range of the bar.
            e.g. A 5-minute bar has a volume of 280 and a range of 1.5 points with a High at 1534 and a Low at 1532.5, then 40 contracts (=280/7) are loaded to each of the seven prices in that range: 1532.50, 1532.75, 1533.0, 1533.25, 1533.50, 1533.75, and 1534

The blue shaded area that's generally in the center of the histogram is the "Value Area". It shows where a certain (large) percentage of the histogram data can be found and is based on the Value Area that is typical of Market Profile type indicators and formula.

Let me know if you have any questions! Again, thanks for your patience.
            Ben

Comment

Hi sbg is there a way to use 1-tick data for more accuracy on this indicator, ??? let me know please

thanks

daniel

Comment

Hello Daniel,

Yes, I believe so...it would be a multi-timeframe indicator, which means it would only run in NT 7.0.

I will be willing to pursue this development once NT 7.0 becomes a more stable release.

Comment

Hi SBG is there any release date for this develpment as ninja is alerady in 7 ?

thnkas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes