Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SlopeBox Tweak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SlopeBox Tweak?

Hello All

I am another noob to the land of NT programming, but I got my hands on MASlopeBoxMulti, and I love it!

I was wondering how difficult it would be to tweak this indicator, such that when slope was in range X (+- 30 degrees, for example), the background of the chart shaded? This would be turn out to be a very strong visual indicator of chop zones, etc.

Any help from one of you pro coders would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

B

Hi Bannor,

It may be advisable to come into direct contact with the original author of that indicator.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I like your idea, I'll take a look at it.

Comment

This turned out to be much more difficult that I thought.

I couldn't do it for the SlopeBox indicator, but was able to do it for the SlopePlot indicator.

Basically I added the option to color the background and two other variables, one for ranging slopes as you suggested and another for extreme slopes (i.e. when the slope is greater than X or less than -X) be on the lookout for a top/bottom.

Let me know if it works.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Elliott!

I have been tweaking it too, with limited success. I will try yours and let you know how it goes.

B

Comment

The reason for SlopePlot was because the original author, Gumphrie wasn't able to make the slope calculation accessible to strategies so made a separate slope indicator for that purpose.

Good luck on getting the SlopeBox working, it would be useful for it to have that feature too.

Its probably not too difficult, but at the moment, its not something I'm able to do, perhaps someone else can help if you get stuck.

Comment

slopebox averages

I was wondering if it were possible for someone to create an indicator that
              would calculate the average of two or more "maslopebox" indicators. In other words, I use four ma's, and I look for a slope degree of 25+ on the slowes ma, also I look to see that the average between all four ma's equals or is more than 25degrees. I would like a new indicator to plot a new "slope degree average" line of the 4 ma's and put the number in a box as well. Im really needing the number-box more than the line plot.

thanks, trooper1

Comment

ma slopebox multi, average

has anyone created an indicator to calculate the average of the slope degree on multiple maslopeboxmulti indicators, in other words i run
                4 maslopeboxmulti at one time, and I wait for them to all reach a slope
                degree to give me a signal, what I would like is for all of these four to be
                averaged out and for the average slope to be ploted on the chart in a box like the other four. I dont really care if the average is ploted in a line over
                the price chart, all I really need is the avg# of the four, in real time.

Comment

I was unable to import this onto ninja trader. It said it couldn't be imported:
                  Import Failed. The ninja script archive file may contain duplicate method names taht already exist on your PC or ther is a requited file missing on either your PC or in the import archive

What should I do??

Comment

The indicator was designed for NT 6.5 and would not be compatible with NT7. I'd suggest contacting the author of the indicator to see if they have an updated version.

You may also be able to convert it yourself using our code breaking changes:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
                    9 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jeronymite  
                    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes