Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Slow Stochastic Indicator??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Stochastic Indicator??

Hi

Just wanted to ask a question regarding indicators listed in Ninja trader and which one would be considered the slow stochastic? I see there is a fast stochastic with changable parameters, but no slow stochastic, just stochastic. Do you use the stochastic indicator and change the parameters to make it a slow and if so what should be the standard parameters for this?

Regards

Michael

Not sure what you mean "slow stochastic". Different software packages use different terms. The NT Stochastics might be what you are looking for since it's slower than the FastStochastics.

Comment

..try 10,3,3 or 10,5,5 or even 5,3,3

Comment

I'm new user of ninja trader, doing a trial. Actually, I'm esignal user, and i'm having some differences on stochastic on this 2 platforms...

THe fast stochastic is ok. When I use slow stochastic I get different values from esignal and NT. Am I doing anything wrong? Is there anyway to fix it?,

thanks

Comment

Hi robertodsbastos,

Are you comparing the values from ESignal software to NinjaTrader?
          Are all indicator settings exactly the same?
          Are all date points exactly the same?

Have you considered Kinetick for data? Kinetick is optimized for NinjaTrader 7 and you can likely save some money: http://www.kinetick.com/features
          TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to have a calculated value for slow K as well...not sure what the syntax is for this.

Doesn't seem like Ninja has specific slow K indicator - probably could write your own if you wanted

For instance I just want a slow k value over 20 days I don't care about the fast k part of things. This would assume the primary data series is daily.

I think it is sometime like

// provides the current %K value
            myvalue = Stochastics(3, 20, 7).K[0];

However I don't want it smoothed and don't care about the fast part. Would the above work.
            I want to add it to ninja script strategy.

How would this look if you wanted it on another data series defined in BarsArray[1]
            Last edited by Kel108; 05-19-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Kel,

I believe the standard Stochastic indicator is considered the "slow stochastic".
              Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Kel108 View Post
                I would like to have a calculated value for slow K as well...not sure what the syntax is for this.

Doesn't seem like Ninja has specific slow K indicator - probably could write your own if you wanted

For instance I just want a slow k value over 20 days I don't care about the fast k part of things. This would assume the primary data series is daily.

I think it is sometime like

// provides the current %K value
                myvalue = Stochastics(3, 20, 7).K[0];

However I don't want it smoothed and don't care about the fast part. Would the above work.
                I want to add it to ninja script strategy.

How would this look if you wanted it on another data series defined in BarsArray[1]
                The Slow Stochastics %K is the Fast Stochastics %K smoothed with a 3 period average. That is, the Slow Stochastics %K is the same as the Fast Stochastics %D. So you can use the Fast Stochastics with a smoother of 3 periods, and make the %K plot transparent, which will result in showing only its %D. The other option, if you want to see a more standard looking Slow Stochastics is to use the Full Stochastics, (which NT calls simply Stochastics) with a smoother of 3 and then use the average to show its %D.

Comment

I ended up having the same issue with different value for d slow indicator. I am not sure if/how to fix. Did you find a solution?

Dorian

Comment

Dorian - never did pursue getting the slow stochastic to work - my apologies for not responding sooner - somehow missed this. Eventually I will try to get this working.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel108 View Post
                      Dorian - never did pursue getting the slow stochastic to work - my apologies for not responding sooner - somehow missed this. Eventually I will try to get this working.
                      You are kidding. Let us first look at the defitinions.

Fast Stochastics: The K line is smoothed with a 3-period SMA to obtain the slow D line.

Slow Stochastics: The slow stochastics uses the D line of the fast stochastics as the K line. The K line is then further smoothed with a period of 7, which is the slow D-Line of the slow Stochastics.

In NinjaTrader the Slow Stochastics is called Stochastics. If have attached a chart below, and if you look at the red lines, you will immediately notice that the slow line of the Fast Stochastics (upper panel) is identical with the fast line of the Slow Stochastics (lower panel).

The green line is the slow line of the Slow Stochastics, why don't you simply use it?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes