Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding Pivot Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Pivot Lines

Hi,

I'm a real newbie to programing in NT. I want to modify the NT included "pivots" indicator to also plot the midpoint lines (S1-S2)/2 etc. Is there a simple way to modify the code such as adding more plots in the iitialize section and the logic in the OnBarUpdate section.

Thanks

ramckay,

It is possible, but it does require custom programming. There are several pivot variant codes around in the file sharing section. Please see if you find anything suitable in there.

If you are not a programmer you may want to try one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

If you wish to try programming it yourself I would recommend you first start off by reviewing the custom indicator tutorials first: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview23
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh,

I've been through the tutorials and a few books on C#. The tutorials come up a little short when it comes to modifying the code. I'm pretty well versed in several computer languages but C# is new and I need some more info on how exactly the code needs to be modified in NT. Where can I find examples?

Thanks,
      Rod McKay

Comment

Thanks for your input Rod, we are constantly working on refining the available educational materials. For examples, the best might be to download indicators from our sharing site and reviewing the code. You can also use the Strategy Wizard and unlock the code it has generated for study.

Here are scripts related to your inquiry - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...+pivots&desc=1
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,

I downloaded all of the pivot indicators and will get started on disecting the code.

Rod McKay

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post helpwanted  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes