Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to remove indicator from Indicators dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove indicator from Indicators dialog

I've deleted some indicator source code (.cs) files from the Custom\Indicator directory but they continue to be displayed in the Indicators dialog. Since the source code is gone, I assume these removed indicators are cached somewhere. How can I get then to stop displaying in the Indicators dialog.

thanks,
    shawnj

Hello,

I recommend restoring the .cs file from you recycle bin then removing the indicator via Tools>Edit>Indicator>select the indicator>Delete.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately I perminately deleted the .cs files.

As a workaround, I've tried renaming an existing .cs file and all references to the indicator's class name to the deleted name and copying it into the Custom\Indicator directory. When I delete that file using "Tools>Edit>Indicator>select the indicator>Delete" it still exists in the Indicators Dialog. If I try to compile that renamed file then I get the following error:
      "The namespace 'NinjaTrader.Indicator' already contains a definition for 'yourStubornIndicator' "

Surely I'm not the first idiot to make this mistake <g>. Could you point me a little deeper into the bowels of NT to fix this. Will uninstalling and reinstalling NT clean things up?

thanks,
      shawnj

Comment

shawnj,

Please remove the renamed file you have. Press F5 to compile. Do you still get the error? It should compile and that should remove it from the list for you.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I fixed it.

Ok, I probably am the first idiot to do this. I apparently renamed the .cs files in Custom\Indictor from within Windows Explorer (instead of from the NT Editor) and as such the file names did not match up with the class names. The Indicator Dialog, of course, displays the class names not the file names. Removing these files then doing a compile on another (unrelated) file cleaned up the Indicators Dialog.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
          Last edited by shawnj; 01-20-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Hi shawnj, are you trying to get rid of third party indicators previously installed on your system?

The 'syncronization' you refer to is normally achieved with the compilation of your NinjaScript files.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry Bertrand. I think I was editing that message when you replied. Please reread my last (edited) message. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

No problem shawnj, great you figured it out.

Please never edit the names in the Windows explorer > do it directly in the NinjaScript editor to avoid this issue in the future.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Skifree, Today, 11:21 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by Vulgoth_t_Destroyer, 05-09-2022, 04:45 PM
                52 responses
                0 likes